Hasegawa 1/72nd Typhoon FGR.4 Op Ellamy

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Hasegawa 1/72nd Typhoon FGR.4 Op Ellamy

Post by keavdog »

That was awesome! I could see a pretty fun diorama with a 1/48 Typhoon and a 1/43 Veyron :hmm:
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:hmm: looks like a nice project Bish! The Typhoon is one type I need to look into for my collection. Definitely not part of it now. Is Operation Ellamy the NATO anti Qaddafi Libya air ops?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Thanks Carlos. yes it was, in 2011. That was the UK name for it, i believed US forces called it Op Odyssey Dawn.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, Odyssey Dawn… one of the few ops in the last 40 years that did not have a political or PR connotation to its code name.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

A great choice of subject Bish, you don't see that many Typhoons being built.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yeah… like Rafales and Raptors… the new superfighters don’t get that much love from modelers. Probably has to do with the monotone schemes…

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Possibly Carlos, it's certainly true that modern subjects don't appear to be that popular as far as the forums go, although I've never figured out why. SPAM seems to be a lot better than most!

Personally I have every intention of building one of all the above, I just haven't got around to it yet.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

I do know a few modellers who don't like planes with a pointy end. I have always built the odd modern aircraft and i have been taking more interest in post war British aircraft the last few years (wish i had done in 10 years ago). I think the lack of scheme variety plus there is not the same thrill as the sound of an old fashioned prop.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh come on now Bish… there is nothing so powerful as the sound of full afterburner a short distance overhead, or the throaty rrrrrrrrrrrpppppp of a Gatling gun then seeing the target obliterated in dust and smoke from those pointy end planes… :ballbat:

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Always good to see a Typhoon getting build. Wasn't a fan since I saw the first concept drawings. But when I got the chance to see them in flesh back in 2013 I completely converted. Here's a pic I've taken at Wittmund (home soil of Jagdgeschwader 71 "Richthofen").
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”