1/32 Hasegawa J2M3 Raiden 352nd NAG

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
lawdog114
Master Member

Re: 1/32 Hasegawa J2M3 Raiden 352nd NAG

Post by lawdog114 »

jeaton01 wrote:Lovely. The chipping of the paint is much better than anything I have achieved. If were to try to improve your result (only in my mind, not in fact!) I would try to get a less stark transition from the bare metal to the unworn paint, in my experience with airplanes and other machinery paint wears thin before it disappears entirely. That may not apply to Japanese late war aircraft entirely though, I've read that like the Martin B-26 there were adhesion problems due to no primer.
Thanks. Indeed, still experimenting with this. It's fine for Japanese stuff but I'll need to dial it down for others. It will still get weathering washes later which will tone the effect down considerably.

This said, reference fading, the paint is already quite faded overall. IJN Green is normally a dark blueish green. My references of late war Japanese aircraft shows large paint peeling, usually more than this. I reasoned the wing root would be the worst due to constant foot traffic.
Last edited by lawdog114 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
lawdog114
Master Member

Re: 1/32 Hasegawa J2M3 Raiden 352nd NAG

Post by lawdog114 »

:bag:
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”