British Fleet Air Arm Hellcat Mk.I

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stikpusher

Re: British Fleet Air Arm Hellcat Mk.I

Post by Stikpusher »

Looking good there Tom! Those are some correct looking field applied invasion stripes. :shoutout: And an interesting touch to them on the right side of the fuselage.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Looking really good!
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stikpusher wrote:Looking good there Tom! Those are some correct looking field applied invasion stripes. :shoutout: And an interesting touch to them on the right side of the fuselage.
Yeah, that is interesting on the right side. I don't know the purpose of that.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Been :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: trying to add a simple sprue line wire between antennas. This is my 5th attempt. Letting this dry overnight before nipping off the excess ends. Used gorilla glue, liquid glue and finally regular Testors glue. What a headache. :giggles:

Other than that, she is done. Go to Completed thread....
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

It’s usually the last small things that vex us. And stretched sprue antennas can be quite touchy. One trick that I learned to tighten those up if there was too much slack was to hold a just extinguished match about an inch or so directly below the stretched sprue line to take out the slack.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Hellcat's looking good!

Antenna wire is always tricky. I use elastic thread which has challenges of its own. The tension means you have to hold it in place while the glue sets (usually CA). One many occasions, the glue bond isn't strong enough and the antenna line goes springing off.
Stikpusher wrote:It’s usually the last small things that vex us. And stretched sprue antennas can be quite touchy. One trick that I learned to tighten those up if there was too much slack was to hold a just extinguished match about an inch or so directly below the stretched sprue line to take out the slack.
Yes to this tip but take care not to get the heat too close!
John aka JKim
-----------<><

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”