Williams Brothers Curtis C-46 Commando

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stikpusher

Re: Williams Brothers Curtis C-46 Commando

Post by Stikpusher »

Medicman71 wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:
Murphy’s Laws of Combat:

“If it’s stupid and it works, it isn’t stupid.”
I thought it was "No plan ever survives first contact"
There are a whole lot of Murphy’s Laws of Combat, including that one… :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Any guesses as to the color of the stripes on the rudder? I have asked a contact on the CNAC page, but honestly don't expect anyone to be watching it. This is a pic of Dick Mulloy, a great friend of the family and the man that gave me my check ride and my first job back in high school washing airplanes. Right now, I'm going with red/white, but it could be a blue/white. The CNAC insignia seems to have been a blue.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

From a logbook entry - on a C-47...

"
Richard Mulloy, 03/18/45, C47 #96.
No fatalities. Chinese crew. On landing at Kunming, the right landing gear gave way. When the right propeller hit the ground, it broke away from the engine and sliced through the cockpit. Fortunately the engine was not drawing full power at the time or the propeller may have killed the two pilots.
Source: Dick Mulloy's log."

Here is a better picture of Dick. Man, I wish you guys could have known him.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The rudder stripes are most likely blue and white to match the Kumiotang sun roundels
Those were commonly done in the days before the communist takeover

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Yeah, most likely blue and white.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Blue and white it is!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I just gotta reply back from that CNAC group. A feller he forwarded the question to thought they were a soft mauve...he thought. Interesting.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Found some “mauve-y” craft acrylics at HL. Their model area is pitiful, just pitiful!

I may go look for some oils, but I don’t want to get a lot of maint for what is a drop or two need.

I have ordered some Stripwell QCS Model Safe finish remover. I think the beast will be going back to bare plastic and a re-do. There are enough flaws that need to be touched up it will be easier to start over. Eager to see how this stuff works.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Here we go again… :lashed: admit it Lyle, you just like playing with stripper(s) :whistle: :giggles: :tease:

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Not really.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”