Tamiya Ki-46 III Dinah

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
jeaton01
Elite Member

Tamiya Ki-46 III Dinah

Post by jeaton01 »

Started this one up recently and it is going together quickly. I keep wondering if I am missing something in comparison to the B-26K and Arrow.

A little of the Eduard PE set was used, just belts, the main instrument panel, and a couple or three switch panels. Gunze Mitsubishi Interior Green, and Propeller Color, other colors are Tamiya. XF-56 Metallic Grey for the engines. I filed flats on the main gear tires. About the only challenge so far is to hide a seam that runs down the middle of the main gear well parts, I sort of succeeded, better than the last time I had that kind of seam to clear up so at least there is progress. A lovely kit of a lovely airplane. I swear I will weather it.

My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
jkim
Elite Member

Re: Tamiya Ki-46 III Dinah

Post by jkim »

Very nice! The Ki-46 is a very elegant airframe, especially the Mark III with the fully glazed nose. You mentioned fixing the wheel seam but don't show it so I'm curious to what it looks like.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Looking forward to this one. I've built very few Japanese aircraft - never any multi engine kits. This is a pretty airplane and sounds like its going together well. Is she big in 1/48?
Thanks,
John
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Very interesting John! :shoutout: The Dinah was a beautiful design and I'm glad to see one being built. This is gonna be cool! :cool:
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Thanks, Gary and John. Compared to the Betty the Dinah is small, and it won't look very big next to a B-25 either. Speed was the driver, I think.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Cut the parts off the sprues and place in box. Get listed paints, open jars and place in box. Place opened jar of Tamiya extra thin cement in box and close lid. Shake gently and out will pop your fully assembled and painted model… :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote:Cut the parts off the sprues and place in box. Get listed paints, open jars and place in box. Place opened jar of Tamiya extra thin cement in box and close lid. Shake gently and out will pop your fully assembled and painted model… :giggles:
Hmmmm :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Hmmm, I have a second kit, maybe I will try that method. But you probably would have to shake it "just right"!

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Don’t guess that would work with the Williams Brother’s stuf.....?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Maybe on the 27th try....

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”