Tamiya Ki-46 III Dinah

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Re: Tamiya Ki-46 III Dinah

Post by tempestjohnny »

Wow great finish. Never realized it was that small
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Thanks, everyone! It's a great kit. I started it on May 11 and took the last photos on the 29th and never really hurried anything. The reason I am finishing a lot right now is just circumstance, the Arrow took 6 or 7 months and the B-26K an eternity, it seemed. I started the Honda on May 2nd but I had a delay waiting for the white paint. It does help to have a big bench because I can work on 3 or 4 models at a time and just have the active one on the working area, the rest on other areas that are not disturbed. It really helps to keep things organized and reduces lost parts. But I still couldn't find the mirrors for the RA 272 for a day or so, still in the 3 clamp weighted fixture but hidden from view in plain sight until I cleaned up the entire bench. I'm still doing the plastic modeling in the same shop, the new bigger one is where I will do R/C and other projects.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Wow that was fast! Nice first attempt at weathering. Unfortunately, it's one of those things that you really have to commit to in order to achieve a plausible effect. I would base my chipping pattern on path of access for pilots and mechanics. That's why wing roots commonly show the most wear. And if the top is chipped, wouldn't the bottom of the aircraft, especially in that light color, show signs of wear as well? I know, I know... it's a like a Pandora's box once you open it.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Man that looks great! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

jkim wrote:Wow that was fast! Nice first attempt at weathering. Unfortunately, it's one of those things that you really have to commit to in order to achieve a plausible effect. I would base my chipping pattern on path of access for pilots and mechanics. That's why wing roots commonly show the most wear. And if the top is chipped, wouldn't the bottom of the aircraft, especially in that light color, show signs of wear as well? I know, I know... it's a like a Pandora's box once you open it.
Baby steps John, baby steps! :giggles:

Thanks, Mike.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

I'm also not only impressed by your build but also by the fact that the Dinah was that small. Those window segments seem to strech its proportions.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”