Monogram 1/48 Sopwith Camel

Post your completed aircraft here.
mustang1989

Re: Monogram 1/48 Sopwith Camel

Post by mustang1989 »

Texgunner wrote:Great lil' biplane Carlos! Nicely done sir!! :shoutout:
Whoa HO!!!!! Is that Gary??? Great to see you again ol' buddy!! Where've you been hiding?
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Lol! Hey dude! Yeah, it's little old me again. Man, I guess I've been flying under the radar for a while, just been too lazy to do anything much. But, I've just finished one model, and have another that's oh so close (if I can just keep from screwing it up :wink: ) to completion and two others well underway. Whew! That keeps an old man busy, not to mention all the chores that need doing out on our ranch, Brokenoak. Now, the Texas summer has started in earnest and I plan to get some model work done when it's too damned hot outside. Here, we say a little prayer of thanks to Willis Carrier! Bless his soul; he made life bearable in the Southwest! :giggles:

I plan on getting some photos done soon of my Tamiya Meteor Prototype Number One and will be showing it here before too long. The Tigercat can't be far behind! :)
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Gary!!!! Great to see you here again!!!! And thank you for your kind words on my Camel. In the end, it was a very enjoyable project.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Thanks Carlos, and you're very welcome as well! Getting a biplane finished to the level of yours is no small achievement sir. I've only tried it twice, with varying levels of success so I know how happy you have to be with that one. :grin:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yeah, after decades of building WWII thru today, a biplane build is a rarity for me too. And this one makes biplane completion number two for me in the years since the Carter administration… :wow:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Nicely done,something very diffrent from you,it's nice to change off occasionally
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Tony. Yes a biplane is quite a change up for me, and it was fun to do just that!

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds”