The Duke's Condor

Post your completed aircraft here.
LyleW
Admin

Re: The Duke's Condor

Post by LyleW »

Now, I want one. At a reasonable price.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Wonderful finish, Mark! Makers see only flaws or troubles, but the viewer sees an aircraft done just like the real one! Congratulations!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Man that is an excellent build!! Very well done!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, thanks for the awesome replies and compliments guys! I think this was the most response I ever got from any of the Forums I posted this on!

Thanks Blacksheep! And this is the Antonov I finished recently! :tongue: LOL! And to give you an idea on how big this is:

Fuselage length: 37 inches
Wingspan: 40 inches.
Thank you for replying my friend, it's always great to see your posts.

Thanks John! Yeah, I'll be leaving it alone for now and enjoying it. Eventually I'll have to fix some of these issues for Orangecon.

Thank you Clint! I do believe it is the biggest model I've built to date... until I get the An-225! :whistle:

Thank you Carlos. It did fight me, but I prevailed at least. I wouldn't say mastered it given a few of the issues I still need to address if I want to bring this to any more cons. And yeah, I would love to have posed this with a BMD or ASU-85 or both but I haven't built a BMD... yet; and aside from a very, very poor resin casting, no one has kitted an ASU-85 in 1/72 scale plastic. Thus the T-80. Besides, it was the easiest Russian tank I could pull out of my tubs in the short time before I took this bird outside for her closeups.

Thank you once again Carlos!

Thank you Stuart! I don't know why I'm a sucker for these difficult and challenging kits: this one, the C-75 from Maquette, the Ka-60 from Maquette, the BP-44 from Armageddon, any early ACE kit.... :hmm: :headslap: Thank you for the compliments on my work.

Thank you Johnny! So huge I don't know where to put it!

Thank you Lyle! Yeah, she's a big'un! As for having one at a reasonable price... ain't gonna happen! This bird goes for $300-$400 dollars retail; I was lucky the guy I bought it from was willing to drop this to $200.00 for me. He did it because he knew I was going to build it. If you find one for $200.00, that is as reasonable as you can get!

Thank you Kari! Gigantical. I like it! :shoutout:

Thank you Gary! She definitely has a beauty to her doesn't she?

Thank you Bruce! Some of the flaws are noticeable to even viewers in this case, but they can be fixed. I do hope to do that one day when I get the extra time and possibly some space on the bench. I do need to do this some time before Orangecon at least.Thank you once again Bruce, your words mean a lot to me.

Thank you Medic! I'm thrilled to see your reply and compliment!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

Crikey! That's fine!
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Go big or go home. You went big AT home! :lol:
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Paul and Torben! I appreciate your most kind compliments.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Nice looking bird Duke,never did an airliner type build myself
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Tony! Even though this is more of a cargo plane; I know what you're saying. I have built a few airliner types before but I still struggle to get a decent, clean finish on any of them. I guess I just have to keep trying...

Thanks again Tony!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Wow Mark that is fantastic! I'm a big airliner fan - but I like 'interesting' planes and liveries. That one sure fits the bill. Well done! How does that scale with a 747? I have a 1/44 one in the stash and it's huge, along with an Airbus 380-800. I may have to pick one of these up - it's just so impressive. I remember you working on the landing gear a bit back. Well done sir!
Thanks,
John

Return to “Completed Builds”