Eduard Spitfire mk.XVIe

Post your completed aircraft here.
Stuart
Elite Member

Eduard Spitfire mk.XVIe

Post by Stuart »

Hi All,

So here you go, another finish from me - Eduard's rather nice Supermarine Spitfire mk.XVIe that I built as a little tribute to my recently passed Grandfather, who was a fellow modeller.

As usual, brush painted with a mix of Humbrol, Revell and Hataka acrylic, and weathered with a wash of Flory Models 'Grime' and additional weathering powders and what-nots. The clearcoats were sprays. Unfortunately, I either sprayed the satin too cold or didn't mix it enough, as it frosted slightly - a bit annoying but at least it add's to the 'worn' look. The decals were from an Xtradecal sheet - which for once were thick and pretty reluctant to settle down. I had quite a bit of an issue with wrinkling.

Overall not a bad kit, yes I question some of the unnecessary parts break down, and anything in front of the firewall was a bloody awful fit, but all being said I'd probably buy another if I wanted a late mark Merlin engined Spitfire.

Apologies for the crappy photos I had my first COVID jab yesterday and I'm feeling pretty crap.

And as a reminder - this was the OOB cockpit with decals.

Cheers and thanks for looking in!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Re: Eduard Spitfire mk.XVIe

Post by LyleW »

Pics are okay. The after effects of the jab will be gone by morning! If, it is like my experience.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Lyle - I guess they're okay given that I couldn't be arsed to dig out my D60 and instead used my crappy old 7.1MP Powershot.

I'm not too bad today, no headache, just a bit run down and achey - mainly in my arms and upper back.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart, you nailed it with this one! Great looking finish! :shoutout:

And you should feel better from your shot in a day or so. :whistle: By 36 hours in my wife and I were fine.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Awesome looking finish! Hope you feel better soon.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Gents - Much appreciated!

I'm feeling a little better now thanks - just a bit fatigued.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Good to hear that Stuart… you’re on the mend now! A bit prescient for you to post that shot stuff with your current avatar photo… reminds me of The Omega Man or I am Legend- the shot that was supposed to cure humanity turns them into the creatures of those movies… :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Fantastic build!
Spits are beautiful planes, you really did this justice!
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:Good to hear that Stuart… you’re on the mend now! A bit prescient for you to post that shot stuff with your current avatar photo… reminds me of The Omega Man or I am Legend- the shot that was supposed to cure humanity turns them into the creatures of those movies… :giggles:
That's why I waited a few months before I got mine - I wanted to see if you all died of mass blood clotting or turned into DNA altered Zombies... :giggles:

All joking asides, I've often thought we were living in a Hollywood film like that - it's just the sort of plot line they use. The whole world's population die of a vaccine rushed into service! Scary stuff!
Ceaser_Sa1ad wrote:Fantastic build!
Spits are beautiful planes, you really did this justice!
Thanks Man!

tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Great finish Stuart. I wouldn't have noticed any if the problems you mentioned

Return to “Completed Builds”