Absolutely incredible work!!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
lawdog114
Master Member

Re: 1/48 Eduard Spitfire Mk.IIa 71 Eagle Squadron "Bill Dunn

Post by lawdog114 »

KSaarni wrote:Looking extremely good!
That fading effect is outstanding, how did you do that ?

- Kari
Thank you. Reverse black basing I call it. I'll explain with the RAF green, it's first sprayed lightly as it comes from the bottle. Next it's lightened with XF-57 Buff then marbled it in over straight green, pating most attention to center of panel lines. Then go back and marble the straight color again, paying most attention to panel lines. I try to make it random. For the blue grey I used white.
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

mustang1989 wrote:Excellently built bud. Really like all the weathered effects that you put into this bird. Subtle but still most effective. What I find most interesting is the speed at which you build yet you put all this great detailing, paint and weathering into these little gems. It takes me months to achieve something even remotely close to this.
Thanks buddy. I hope you are doing well.
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

tempestjohnny wrote:Damn Joe .......you keep getting better and better. Museum quality again
Thanks John
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

BlackSheep214 wrote:I quit! What a great finish! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Thank you....no need to quit.
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

LyleW wrote:simply a beautiful build. Spits are some of the best looking a/c anyway! Wow.
Thank you Lyle, agreed, particularly these early marks. I'm not a fan of anything above the MK.IX, as they start to get stupid looking.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

lawdog114 wrote:
LyleW wrote:simply a beautiful build. Spits are some of the best looking a/c anyway! Wow.
Thank you Lyle, agreed, particularly these early marks. I'm not a fan of anything above the MK.IX, as they start to get stupid looking.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Stikpusher wrote:Another beautiful build LD! I’m not used to seeing a Spit looking so war weary. At least not outside the occasional North Africa builds that go that route.
Thank Stik. They did sometimes, especially at the wing roots. I'm still working on this technique and wanted to try it on something not Japanese. I dragged a Hasegawa Mk. V off the shelf to build out of the box. I supose I'm curious to see how it holds up to the newer uber kits.
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Duke Maddog wrote:Once again I'm gobsmacked! You nailed this perfectly! What a magnificent masterpiece! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Thank you Duke
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Gary Brantley wrote:Beautiful work! :shoutout:
Thank you Gary

Return to “Completed Builds”