1/48 Eduard Bf 110 C-4 9/ZG26 "Horst Wessel" (Finished)

Post your completed aircraft here.
lawdog114
Master Member

1/48 Eduard Bf 110 C-4 9/ZG26 "Horst Wessel" (Finished)

Post by lawdog114 »

Hello, I took a little break from the forums for a while, but I've still been pluggin' away at the bench. I thought I would share my latest project with you fine folks. I was asked to a build a Bf 110 using the following picture.

It's allegedly a C-4 model from 9/ZG26 based in Africa in 1942. It's unknown how accurate the "drawing" is, but that wasn't particularly important to whom I built it for. As long as it looks pretty close to the picture in the book we're happy. Truthfully, to me it looks more like an E model, but all I had was Eduard C in my stash, so I went ahead and made due. Except for the extended fuselage tail, the C kit had the parts to duplicate the picture (thanks Eduard). I'm definitely no Bf 110 expert and my attempt to find out the differences was borderline nauseating. :bored:

Anyways, I added resin exhausts, wheels and gun barrels, but the rest was out of the box. The crosses were painted on with Montex masks and I pieced together the other markings out of my decal stash. Paint was a mix of Tamiya paints. The lighter brown is their recommendation for RLM 79 while the darker is XF-64 Red Brown. The underside was their mix for RLM 78. This was all mixed to my eye of course by adding white and buff respectively. I used the hairspray and liquid frisket techniques for chipping and Ammo Mig washes to dirty it up.

The Eduard 110 isn't the easiest to build and takes patience. That said, once you get used to it's quirks, it becomes much more enjoyable and builds into a decent model. This is my third one and each one gets a bit easier. I'm thinking a defense of the Reich G-2 with rockets soon.

It's pretty close I suppose...
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
Floki
Elite Member

Re: 1/48 Eduard Bf 110 C-4 9/ZG26 "Horst Wessel" (Finished)

Post by Floki »

Looks beautiful! This kit does take a bit of attention around the engines but easy enough to fix. A very interesting looking camo patterns say you nailed it
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

I’m no Bf-110 expert myself but it sure looks pretty damn good in desert scheme.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Beautiful finish LD. I just sold my 110 - now I kind of regret it. What is the story with the exhaust configuration? Outboard turned up, inboard down.
Thanks,
John
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Lovely work!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Another fine example of your outstanding modeling skills Lawdog! Very nicely done. The two tone brown scheme is a new one. But hey, ya never know for certain about the last word with Luftwaffe camo, as the research always seems to be uncovering new stuff as time goes on.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Now that is awesome
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

:wow: Wow! That's awesome!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

That's bloody awesome! I love the camo scheme.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

I have a soft spot for the 110 and this is a remarkable rendition of the type. I relly enjoyed looking at those pictures.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.

Return to “Completed Builds”