1/48 Tamiya Aichi M6A1 Serian (Finished)

Post your completed aircraft here.
jkim
Elite Member

Re: 1/48 Tamiya Aichi M6A1 Serian (Finished)

Post by jkim »

Very nice result, as always!
lawdog114 wrote:It was powered by the German DB 601 Bf109 engine, license built in Japan. I guess it was basically a Ki-61 with floats. That's the extent of my knowledge of this subject.
I don't think the Aichi M6A and the Kawasaki K-61 had much in common besides that DB601 engine.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Strong family resemblance to the Aichi D4Y2 Suisei “Judy”

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Medicman71 wrote:Ummm......wow!!! Incredible work!!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Thanks Mike
Last edited by lawdog114 on Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

keavdog wrote:Excellent LD. Chipping looks great and I really like the overall finish. And the dolly is awesome.
Thanks John
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Stikpusher wrote:Gorgeous work there again Lawdog. :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: Although being a multi seat attack bomber aircraft, rather than a single seat fighter, I’d compare it to being more of a Judy on floats than a Tony. :hmm: It’s always a treat to see your builds, and I do love how you include a few in progress shots alongside the finished project photos.
Thanks Stik, yeah, I don't know much about these. Did the Judy sport a DB engine? I have no clue. I know the Tony did. Thanks for the kind words.
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Duke Maddog wrote:This is one sensational model Lawdog! Wow, despite all my best efforts, I never succeed in getting my interiors to look that good! Your chipping and weathering is magnificent too! Way to go!
Thanks Duke
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Gary Brantley wrote:Fantastic! :shoutout:
Thanks Gary
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

tempestjohnny wrote:You did it again Joe. Magnificent
Thanks John
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Mmmmm.... another racer floatplane of the IJN. Well done!
Thank's Sheep
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Floki wrote:This is beautiful! I really like your style and always look forward to your post.
Thanks Floki

Return to “Completed Builds”