"D-Day Mini Whiskey 7" 1/48 Trumpeter C-47A

Post your completed aircraft here.
keyda81
Advanced Member

Re: "D-Day Mini Whiskey 7" 1/48 Trumpeter C-47A

Post by keyda81 »

Lyle, I was actually asked by a guy on Facebook if I would do a commission of one, but commissions are just something I would rather not get into. I made the mistake of giving in and agreeing to do a current day version of Mini W7 for one of the other volunteers at the museum, he's hounded me for two years. I have the kit, and I will get it done, but since I've agreed he's now taking about a B-17 and D-Day version of W7. Which is just not going to happen. I find it to be too much pressure worrying about meeting other peoples standards.

Black Sheep, I have already designed up the masks for the W7, R, tail number, and insignia in 1/72. If you are interested I can make up a set of masks for you with my cricut, and mail them to you.

Stik, Thank you! Nope, no anchor cables, didn't even think about that to be honest. I found it difficult to find good reference online. I had almost forgot about the SCR-717C radome on her belly, and made one from a body spray cap, lol. I do have all the kits I need to build the planes from the base here, but again, reference is being an issue. I should remind my friend who is a KC-135 pilot, he said he would get me some pics. I hate to bug him though, he's active duty, so he's busy.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Sounds good on your base collection Keyda. All in good time. And excellent thinking outside the box for using the body spray cap as the SCR-717 radome. I didn’t realize that the non pathfinder troop carriers used those as well. Learned something new here! No worries about the static line anchor cable. I’m sure that the info is out there somewhere. If I ever stumble across it, I’ll forward it to you.
I’m looking forward to seeing whatever your next project is on here.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Those are awesome builds and plushies Keyda. Very well done! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Keyda, I totally understand on doing the commission work. Not that anyone would ever come to me for that, but trying to meet their expectations bould be stressful. But, I was referring to the plushies! Because you probably have so much spare time on your hands... :giggles:
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keyda81
Advanced Member

Post by keyda81 »

Medicman, thank you!

Lyle, Seems like in the summer time every thing is non-stop. Winter time is when I get a lot of free time to work on projects. I sort of have a pattern, I'm not very active on the forums in the summer, but I'm on all the time in the winter, cause that is when I'm at the bench. I'm a stay at home Mom/wife/dog & cat Mom, lol. I'm typically home as much as possible in the winter, I despise it with every fiber of my being. I do still drag my butt out to go to the museum every Saturday morning, and freeze in the hangar though. Unless we have a snow storm that impedes my travel, then I stay home.

Return to “Completed Builds”