Revell's 1/48 B-25 Mitchell "Jaunty Jo"

Post your completed aircraft here.
keyda81
Advanced Member

Re: Revell's 1/48 B-25 Mitchell "Jaunty Jo"

Post by keyda81 »

Stikpusher wrote:Now that is a superb model building philosophy. Much like “smooth waters do not make a good sailor”.
I think the most expensive kit I have ever bought was Tamiya's F-14. Very nice build, went together great. But there was no problem solving or challenge involved. Which can be nice sometimes. I usually pick one of the few Tamiya kits I have when I just need a break from putty, sand, prime, repeat.
keyda81
Advanced Member

Re: Revell's 1/48 B-25 Mitchell "Jaunty Jo"

Post by keyda81 »

Gary Brantley wrote:That's truly a lovely result from that old kit! :shoutout: And typical of many Monogram (Mono-Rev) kits, it provides a great canvas upon which a talented modeler can do so much more, and obviously the case here. Well done for sure!

I've had that same kit on the study shelves for many years now keeping company with the 1/48 Monogram B-26 Marauder and the 1/48 AMT A-20. I've long had a crazy idea to build them all somewhat simultaneously, in a sort of "assembly line" approach regarding so much of their airframes. It would be so cool having those three WWII "twins" together..but then,I sober up and realize that still waters do run deep and perhaps that's a bit ambitious. :wink: :grin:

Again, great work Keyda! I enjoyed it a lot! :grin:
Thank you! I have the old Monogram B-26 in the stash as well. I did build it once, several years ago. First time I attempted to do weathering was on that kit. I wanted to do it justice considering it was Flak Bait. I know I could do better, so I'll attempt it again the future, and replace the old one. Which is what I've done with several others.

Thanks Kari!

Return to “Completed Builds”