lawdog114
Master Member

Re: 1/48 Tamiya P-47 D Thunderbolt 318th FG "Smokepole"

Post by lawdog114 »

KSaarni wrote:Great work!

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

- Kari
Thank you sir!
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

keavdog wrote:Outstanding! Great subject with interesting OD and NMF combo. I too love that kit, both the bubble top and the razorback and intend to build a few more. Very interested in those splatter templates - I'll have to add those to the next shopping list.
Thanks! The templates take some practice but it doesn't take long to get the hang of them. Pretty spiffy tonal variation. Much easier than marbling by hand. I guess there's several kinds available but I have the Uschi ones.
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Stikpusher wrote:Good to see you back on here Lawdog! That is one great looking war weary Jug! Bravo! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Thanks Stik, great to be back amongst friends....
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Medicman71 wrote:Absolutely incredible work.
Thanks bud!
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

tempestjohnny wrote:Joe you've done it again. Spectacular
Thanks Johnny
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Damn.... that really came out very very good! Well done! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Another Lawman quality build. Always great to see your work on our channel. Thanks for posting, Joe!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

And you just bust these out like they're nuthin' Joe and they turn out so dang GOOD!! Construction looks good for starters. Then you've got all the detailing, painting and weathering that are just tops and it all happens so quickly. Sometimes I wish I could build this quick but then I get to thinkin' that if I built that fast, I'd run out of display space pretty quick.

I do want to learn how to weather aircraft this well so I might be hitting you up for some pointers on that.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, it's great to see you back on here Lawdog! And that Jug reminds me of why you were missed so much! You've got the Midas touch when it comes to applying realistic paint and weathering. Way to go!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Damn.... that really came out very very good! Well done! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Thanks my friend.

Return to “Completed Builds”