Dragon's M4A4 Sherman w/60lb. Rocket

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Stikpusher

Re: Dragon's M4A4 Sherman w/60lb. Rocket

Post by Stikpusher »

Link and length tracks have at least two long sections per side, the upper and lower runs, and Indy inks for the ends. Sometimes they have short lengths as well for areas between the long lengths and the sprocket and idler wheels. It cuts down the repetition of gluing and fitting the the bottom and top long runs. Also sag can be pre molded into the upper runs.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

These are link and length tracks for a BMP-1 still on the sprue.

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

That... would make my build go faster. Why can Dragon do something like this instead of dealing with gazillions of pieces per side for tracks? :headbang:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

I've built a jig similar to what Carlos mentioned using some sheet styrene and some square rod...

Mike
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Now that is something I could build. Thanks for the tip and idea.

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

BlackSheep214 wrote:That... would make my build go faster. Why can Dragon do something like this instead of dealing with gazillions of pieces per side for tracks? :headbang:
Because Dragon is Dragon. Why mold something in 1 to 3 pieces when they can mold it in 5 to 7 smaller pieces.... :headslap:

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Yeah, I hear ya. I managed to get back on the bench to work on the tracks a bit more. I also took your advice regarding using pin vise to drill out holes on some of them. So far I found three off the sprue and a few on one sprue tree. I'm finding it's much easier to do them still on the trees.

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I knew it was gonna happen sooner than later. Broke not one, but two front guard brackets for the headlights (?). Oh yeah, I manage to lose a small tail light lens piece too and... break off the bracket bar on the rocket rack. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :scream: :scream: :scream:

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Worked on the tracks a bit more the other night and managed to glue the broken pieces together. Still can't find part C21 anywhere. I sent a request in Dragon website and hopefully, I'll get an answer. Has anyone had any experience with Dragon customer support in getting replacement parts/pieces.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I tried getting some replacement parts from Dragon many years ago with no luck. Hopefully they have gotten better since then. You may be in for a bit of a rough time since that kit is an old one and likely long out of production.

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”