AFV Club 1/35th Scimitar Op Corporate

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
mostrich
Admin

Re: AFV Club 1/35th Scimitar Op Corporate

Post by mostrich »

Most impressive pictures of a stunning landscape. Also great to read some of your background story. Thank you for sharing!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

That is awesome Bish! Man, I'd love to hear more. I can't get enough of this.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Sorry for the late replay Bish - I've been up in Northumberland.

Very interesting job to do - I've seen several practices of slinging and unslinging loads on Chinooks at the airfield I used to work on, for some reason they liked to use it for training with (I assume) the local TA mob. Great photos, love the one with the Penguins. I'm really surprised to see that rifle just sitting there out on the mountain, I would have thought that sort of stuff was cleared away years ago.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

I was surprised to see it, but i huess not many people go up there. There are a few bits laying around out there. Just to the North of the ridge is an Argentin mortar position in a landscape that looks like the moon there are that many crators.

It was a great job to do, next to driving a warrior, it was the best time i had. Being stood arms length under a chinook with it hovering above you is somthing else. Thopugh not quite as bas as a US Marine Sea Stallion, the down wash off that was unbelivable.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

I never wanted to be under the CH-37's, always worried about those R-2800's at max power giving up the ghost at the wrong time. But at least when you were under it the stones that got picked up and thrown were all going away from you.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Bish wrote:...Though not quite as bas as a US Marine Sea Stallion, the down wash off that was unbelivable...
I can imagine, what an awesome aircraft!
jeaton01 wrote:I never wanted to be under the CH-37's, always worried about those R-2800's at max power giving up the ghost at the wrong time. But at least when you were under it the stones that got picked up and thrown were all going away from you.
Yeah, those early helo's were a bit marginal, especially the piston jobs.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

jeaton01 wrote:I never wanted to be under the CH-37's, always worried about those R-2800's at max power giving up the ghost at the wrong time. But at least when you were under it the stones that got picked up and thrown were all going away from you.
Ye, thats the one good thing about being under the helo, its just haveing to take the hit as it was coming in. I once got hit by a wooden pallett that someone had left close to the LHS and a Chinook blow if off as it was coming it and on another occasion i got blown over by a Hook as we were backing out and broke my wrist. You need to keep your wits about you.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”