Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Re: Elvis Tank, Dragon M48A1

Post by Stikpusher »

They were still using the WWII tanker helmets at that time
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

So I’ve made a bit more progress over the past few days…

First up, I added the engine rear and top deck areas, the biggest visual difference between the M48/M48A1 and all of the follow on variants. Much closer is appearance to the preceding M46 & M47, than the A2, A3, A5 and M60 family engine decks…

Then earlier today I added the road wheel arms, shocks, and final drive housings

More to come in a day or two….
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Had a short workbench session today.., I glued on all the road wheels and did the basic construction of the fenders. The sprocket wheels are test fitted but not glued in place until I add the tracks. I’m deviating fro. The instruction a bit now by concentrating on the hull before I start on the turret. The instructions by this point have you bouncing back and forth.

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Today I got in a few good long bench sessions and finished up the hull.

First up I added the BII tools and PE detail bits to the fenders, glued on the tracks, then glued the fenders in place

then later on I added the tow cables to the fenders, and the last detail items to the glacis area

Now it’s all ready for priming the hull… I have another project that I want to prime, so two projects during the same priming session, and then I can start assembly on the turret later in the week.

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Good progress Carlos! You're well on the way. What is that large, tube-like thing just to the driver's left? :hmm:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Gary. Those tubes are heater exhausts for the internal vehicle heaters. A definite necessity for any vehicles in Europe for much of the year…. :hmm:

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

It's coming along nicely Stik!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Mike!

Since I had the airbrush up and running today, and the primer mixed properly, I also airbrushed on a coat onto the hull of this one after finishing with the Crusader AA session.

I just left the driver periscopes undone as those are clear and I need to do an interior silver coat on those first.

Now I need to start on the turret assembly…

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Awesome, I'm liking how you assemble everything and then prime it as a whole. When I get my Neo I'll have to have a go with that.

What type of tracks are those?
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”