The Duke Finishes Nine More Armor in June

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke Finishes Nine More Armor in June

Post by Duke Maddog »

Over the past week I've been working hard to get these all finished since they were so close to being done. Finally, the finish line was crossed. Man this feels great!

To start, my Swedish Army is taking delivery of this M-34 Assault Gun. This is a 1/72 scale model from UM Models:

Yes, I noticed the decals have silvered a little. Already fixed.

Next, my Australian Army is taking delivery of this Bushmaster:

And last of all, my Russian Army is taking delivery of all these. First, this CLUB M Coastal Defense Missile System for their Artillery Arm:

I left the rear open to see the launch tubes inside...

... also because they both elevate to their firing position. One is seen elevated here; the angle is a trick of the camera and the angle the pic was taken. These both elevate to 90 degrees:

The Armor Arm of my Russian Army is taking delivery of these.

Russian T-62 Mod 1978 with ERA:

Russian T-64 Mod 1980:

Russian T-64AV:

Yes, there's too much glue on the brackets. They kept threatening to break so I wanted to insure they stayed on there for a while. I might have to find some stowage or something to cover them with...... eventually.

Next is this Russian T-64BM-2:

Russian T-72 "Rogatka":

...and last but not least, this T-80BV:

Wow, I love when enough things fall into place allowing me to be able to finish so many. I do have potentially one or two more that I could finish this month; I sure hope I can. Stay tuned.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: The Duke Finishes Nine More Armor in June

Post by keavdog »

Wow! That's a lot of nice work Mark. Well done.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Fine group of builds Mark. In one batch you have done three times the amount that I have been able to complete so far this year in six months!!! :whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you John! What a thrill it was to bring all these over the finish line!

Thank you Carlos! Three times the amount? Well, when it comes to all those Russian tanks, you can take some credit for those. It was your T-72 that motivated this string of heavy metal.I do have about three or four more to do, and a couple SCUDS as well. Stay tuned.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, at the time that you posted these, I had finished three models this year. Now it’s four. But seriously, you do a LOT of work in the same time span. Nice to hear that my T-72 motivated you. One can never have too many Red Army tanks… :giggles:
A couple of Scuds? :hmm: It took me months-years to build the 1/35 DML Scud. That sucker was intricate!!!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Carlos, I agree. You can never have too many Russian tanks. That is why I have about four more under construction. I had stacked all my Russian tanks in one big stack to pull down and build all at the same time someday. Well, someday came when your T-72 got re-started.

Yes, I already built two SCUD B's: one Russian and one Iraqi. Now that Modelcollect had released a SCUD C and SCUD D; I bought them back at the Nationals and will hopefully get them started soon.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

They're all great additions, but I really dig that Bushmaster. What a brute of a vehicle!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Torben! Yeah, that Bushmaster seems to be the most popular one among all the Forums I posted these pics on.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Awesome builds Mark!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

The Bushmaster does indeed loo superb Mark, I can see why it gets attention - but those Ruskie tanks look awesome, especially with all that additional armour - great stuff :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

I'm also liking the Mobile missile system and that M-34 :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”