The Duke Finishes Another in September

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke Finishes Another in September

Post by Duke Maddog »

I just managed to squeeze this fourth one over the finish line before October. It was fairly easy to do so I pressed on.

This is the Dragon 1/72 scale M-1128 Stryker MGS, the second of the specialty Strykers I'm trying to get.

Not much to say about it; I weathered it lightly with Tamiya weathering powders. It's done straight out of the box.

Thank you all for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Re: The Duke Finishes Another in September

Post by Stikpusher »

I like how it looks! One bad ass big gunned acht rad! :hmm: :ballbat:
Nice work Mark
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

YES!! I love me some Strykers! Great work Mark!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Carlos! I'm pretty happy with it too. We'll see what the judges think at Orangecon.

Thank you Mike! I do too! I do have one more to get and build to complete the set of these released by Dragon. Christmas is coming!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

A whole set? What scale would they be?
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Hey Mike, it's me, the Duke... :bye: I only build in the One True Scale: 1/72! :giggles: :lashed:

There are a total of four Stryker variants: The standard one, the ATGM one, and the MGS with the Dragoon being the last one. Once I get and build a Dragoon, I'll have the whole set.

Leopards have more in that set......
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark there are a few more Stryker variants I can think of: an Engineer vehicle, a mortar carrier, a command vehicle, and an ambulance variant.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Very cool. An armor piece I might do - no tracks :whistle:
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:Mark there are a few more Stryker variants I can think of: an Engineer vehicle, a mortar carrier, a command vehicle, and an ambulance variant.
This is true, but unless and until they bring out kits of those variants in my scale, I'll call mine complete after the Dragoon. I don't have the skills to modify something well enough to do any of those using current kits.
keavdog wrote:Very cool. An armor piece I might do - no tracks :whistle:

Thank you. Yes, they are a bit easier to do, but then you have the issue of making the wheels all line up and touch the ground. I'm working on a Roden 8-wheeled SdKfz234/4 pakwagen that always lifts at least one wheel and sometimes more; every time I check it!

Thanks again guys! Now to see what I can finish in October!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

How the hell did I miss this one? Very cool subject Mark - it came out great!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”