Post by keavdog »

mmmm I can smell the gas...
Thanks,
John
mustang1989

Re: AMT '67 Mustang Fastback-Carburetor

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks you guys!!

Clint: Quadrajets have no kick coming as they were a pretty reliable carburetor but they were hell to work on. I'm with you though.....Holley wins my vote hands down.

Brent: I'm sure that's already been done with the levers and linkage somewhere. :giggles:

Today saw the completion of the chassis. I recreated the body color overspray on the bottom as well. I should be able to start on the engine now.

Stuart
Elite Member

Re: AMT '67 Mustang Fastback-Chassis Complete-08/03

Post by Stuart »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: Fantastic work Joe!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Beautiful.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Hey Joe, those Holley carbs make the pulse race. I think that the surface effect you mean is not red oxide primer but a red rubberized sound insulation that was factory applied to the pan itself. I think. I recall this being used a lot on Fords. I am including a photo of a fast back restoration to show what I mean.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Stuart , Lee and Bruce!!

Bruce thanks for the clarification on the coating. You know, In all the years of restoring not one but THREE '67 Mustangs I never once saw this color/coating applied to any of them. Not that I'm arguing the point with you....I really appreciate you chiming in on this....but it's weird that none of the three cars I owned/ driven (four if you count my brothers car that I drove for a year) had this color/ rubberized coating on them. So now I know what this stuff actually is.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

All the sound deadening material I saw was the the peel and stick stuff. BUT, on my 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca there is zero sound deadening material so perhaps it's dependent on the car. Maybe some special Mustangs did something different?
BTW I hear every rock and stone...lol :giggles:
Thanks,
John
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I always defer to you in these matters, Joe. I don’t know why your cars were not coated. Even the interiors of the doors were supposedly coated by the factory. They also used something called Dynamat Lizard Skins, but my Dad thought that wasn’t as good. Reducing road noise was the issue. Anyway, everything you are doing is exquisite. The build up of dirt in the corners is masterful. Truly. Highest praise, man. Now show that Holley installed in your truck!

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

keavdog wrote:All the sound deadening material I saw was the the peel and stick stuff. BUT, on my 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca there is zero sound deadening material so perhaps it's dependent on the car. Maybe some special Mustangs did something different?
BTW I hear every rock and stone...lol :giggles:
I did see patches of that here and there on mine but not all over the place.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

speedgraflex wrote:I always defer to you in these matters, Joe. I don’t know why your cars were not coated. Even the interiors of the doors were supposedly coated by the factory. They also used something called Dynamat Lizard Skins, but my Dad thought that wasn’t as good. Reducing road noise was the issue. Anyway, everything you are doing is exquisite. The build up of dirt in the corners is masterful. Truly. Highest praise, man. Now show that Holley installed in your truck!
I'm with you on not knowing why they weren't coated. I see pictures of plenty online that had all of this stuff. Thanks for your encouraging words.

Here she is with the 750 freshly rebuilt and installed. I just put cam #3 (a Howard's hydraulic roller cam) in today and am VERY happy with that one.

Image[/image]

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”