AMT’s 1955 Chevy Bel Air

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
mustang1989

Re: AMT’s 1955 Chevy Bel Air

Post by mustang1989 »

BlackSheep214 wrote:A little dilemma... the "Belair" script on the sides are faint. I don't want to use Molotov marker nor Bare metal Foil. Would silver pencil work? The badge next to the Belair script will be painted gold last after everything is done.
I don't know about the silver lead pencil but you could try some silver paint on the side of the end of a toothpick and gently rub the toothpick along the surface of the raised lettering. You could wear an optivisor to get down there and really see for more control. Just an idea.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

BlackSheep214 wrote:A little dilemma... the "Belair" script on the sides are faint. I don't want to use Molotov marker nor Bare metal Foil. Would silver pencil work? The badge next to the Belair script will be painted gold last after everything is done.
Probably not an option, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.... where is the “Belair” located and is it raised? Wondering if you could hit it with Molotow and remove the excess with a toothpick? Or, could you paint it, repaint the body color then lightly sand it off the raised emblem.

Just random trouts that I would not likely try.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Looking sharp! I've had mixed results with BMF. Cant seem to get a short with decent adhesive. I have had success with Motlow but find it sensitive to handling.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Molotow Chrome works really well but you're right.....it doesn't take to handling at all. There are a couple of things that can help though. 1.) After coating anything with Molotow , give it a good 3-4 days before you even think about picking the part up again and 2.) Spaztix Ultimate Chrome Clear airbrushed over items like bumpers or wheels after the 3-4 day wait period will seal it and make it alright to handle. Be sure to let the SUCC cure out for a few days before you handle that though. I have an article on this somewhere that I need to pull back up off of Scale Auto.
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

A 1mm Molotow, with very little ink on the tip or a very find brush with drybrushed Testors Chrome silver paint.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

For those experienced with Molotow pens, can you seal them up with Testors Metalizer Sealer?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Never tried it. I just let it dry and avoid touching it.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

Looking great! Some where I have an AMT 1/16 57 Bel Air that I inherited a few years ago. I really enjoy what you are doing with this build, I will have to come back to this thread when (or if... ) I dust that kit off and work on it
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

She is done!! Post pics in Completed Builds: Automobiles thread... :lashed:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Going there now..... :outtahere:

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”