Revell Motor City Muscle 1966 Shelby GT350H

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
Dragline
Advanced Member

Re: Revell Motor City Muscle 1966 Shelby GT350H

Post by Dragline »

Keep pushing on this one, it's coming out superbly.
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Trying to. I got sidetracked with finishing up the Panzer kit. :bag:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Trying to. I got sidetracked with finishing up the Panzer kit. :bag:

You say that like it’s a bad thing to be working on a Panzer... :giggles: :ballbat:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Well, isn’t it? It ain’t no aero plane in either case....
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I’m about so close to picking up the Panther V Ausf. A kit along with a few bottles of Mission Model colors for it at Michigan Toy Company webstore... :whistle:

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Which Panther A kit are you looking at?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Tamiya..

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The Tamiya Panther A is one of those kits that has a love/hate reputation relationship among armor builders. Pretty much every long time 1/35 armor builder has built one, it’s been around for so long. On the plus side, it’s easy to build, and looks like a Panther when built as it comes from the box. On the gig side, it has some shape and accuracy issues with simplified details, and lots of open areas needing to be addressed due to its motorization pedigree. Long story short, it may need a little help, depending upon what your end goal is with the kit.

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I decided to resume this but I knew there were some odd funky airbrushing on the roof and on certain spots on the car body when I used Createx acrylics back in January of 2021.

So tonight, I went in and tried sanding off the odd coverages off the roof and body and repainted it. Nope - what a disappointment. It didn’t even spray on glossy as I hoped. Yes, I did shake the bottle for awhile. Maybe I shoulda stirred the bottle too. :bag:

Not happy with the finish the second go around so this one is going to be stripped and start over.

Createx acrylics can be airbrushed straight out of the bottle with no thinning required. Any desire to thin Createx, you must use their thinner #4011. Apparently, I didn’t use the correct product, I had airbrush cleaner, not thinner :headbang:

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stripped the paint off and stucked it in another Easy Off session to work the spots that didn’t strip. That’ll be taken care of over the weekend to clean it up.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”