53 Ford Pickup in Hallmark Channel colors

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
LyleW
Admin

53 Ford Pickup in Hallmark Channel colors

Post by LyleW »

Wife asked for this, so..........I bought 7 or 8 kits including this one. Seemed like a reasonable deal to me.

kit

Still need some garland....

I just love "vintage" instructions with no color call outs.

Anyway, my take on the engine...be kind.

To give you a bit of insight on my typical day at the bench....I had carefully set the two hose pieces for the engine aside so i would not lose them. Y'all know how that works. Yesterday, I went looking for them. looked for over 30 minutes. Swept the floor, all of that. This morning, I went through my trash can. I did find some lunch, but not the hoses. Looked all over the desk again. Then it hit me. . . . In the little bin where the clamps are kept...there they were. I had clamped them to paint them. What a doofus. Cheers. I have to use crayons today. No sharp objects.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: 53 Ford Pickup in Hallmark Channel colors

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Now you need to find some wide white wall tires. The engine is pretty typical for stock in a 55 truck. Looks good, Lyle.

I always have a dedicated really small storage container (1 1/2” x 2”) for small parts. I make use of empty prescription bottles as well. Store it in the kit’s box so you won’t lose it.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Don’t forget the Christmas tree.... :giggles: :giggles: :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

already have that, smartypants. Don't need it done in the dungeon.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Now you need to find some wide white wall tires. The engine is pretty typical for stock in a 55 truck. Looks good, Lyle.

I always have a dedicated really small storage container (1 1/2” x 2”) for small parts. I make use of empty prescription bottles as well. Store it in the kit’s box so you won’t lose it.
Thanks, Tom. I have several small containers I use. Then I forget I put stuff in them. I would love to be better organized....it is just me, I guess. I have a ton of med bottles....
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Looks great Lyle. Following along
Thanks,
John
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, John.

Tom, I really had it in my feeble mind that it came with the white walls.. Wrong. The '34 did, so i may steal those.
Cherrylock
Addicted Member

Post by Cherrylock »

iterresting project, winter is coming soon :giggles:
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Looking forward to it. I find most color callouts are wrong anyway. I do searches for images.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

good points. I doubt the hood will ever be up on this one. It is to be set out as a Christmas decoration. :whiteflag:

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”