Hubert Platt's 1970 Pro Stock Maverick

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
mustang1989

Re: Hubert Platt's 1970 Pro Stock Maverick

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Tom!! I've been spying a set of those alright and you are right....those would look really good on a Maverick. I think I just spied a new supplier for wheels over at. It's been a long time since I've dealt with this guy (Jim Littiken). I bought a set of Weld Draglites off of him some 6 years ago and then .....he went out of business and sold it all to this fella named AJ. Well AJ never did anything with the business and I gave up on trying to contact him. BUT......Jim is now back!!!!!! And in FULL force. The prices for this guys stuff aint for everybody but this guy has the best wheels out there....bar NONE!! Check THIS out!!! https://www.facebook.com/dancingbearmodels/

Don't drool too much. :giggles:
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I'm thinking IF they're still available, I might use it on the Spirit of '57 Chevy kit my sis got me for Christmas last year.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Ya know....I totally forgot I had that kit. I'm gonna have to bust out with that one later this year. If you miss out on those Ted's has these. He's out of stock at the moment but he'll email you when they are available. https://www.tedsmodelingmarketplace.com ... icks-1-25/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I think I still have the first one I built back in the 80s. I've been wanting to get another. My sis knows me too well on what I like car model kits wise.

I'm still holding out hope MPC release a '72 Chevelle SS kit again. I want the SSlasher or Red Alert kit badly.

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

I saw the Red Alert kit the other day somewhere...... :hmm:
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

eBay? :bored: :giggles: Yeah, some sellers are asking over $100 for them. Cheapest was asking $120. I'll pass... :giggles:

mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Yeah ....that's way too much and there's way too many Chevelle kits out there. The Maverick kits are going for sky high but nobody makes those and if you do find one for a decent deal count yourself lucky.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”