AMT '67 Mustang Fastback-Close-04/15

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
mustang1989

Re: AMT '67 Mustang Fastback-Interior Progress-09/29

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Kari.

Here we go. I knew this was going to be alot of work so I stayed up late last night laying the groundwork for the column and steering wheel completion today. I woke up this morning and managed to get this to a point where I think I'm going to be okay with it.

I have some scale nuts/ rivets from Model Car Garage that I used for the rivet inserts once I painted everything up.

To compare...this is my first attempt from yesterday.

and this is Take II. I'm MUCH happier with this.

LyleW
Admin

Re: AMT '67 Mustang Fastback-Interior Progress-10/01

Post by LyleW »

That looks much better. Now, lets. see the turn signals!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

That looks spot on!
Thanks,
John
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:yikes:

That is bloody awesome Joe - a vast improvement!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks you guys!!
Lyle.....man you kill me!! lol

A few more pictures of Car #2 and Car #3

Car #2 in its prime. I got this car from the wrecking yard with no title. It was supposed to be a parts car only as it had no VIN plate. Car #1 had no visible VIN on it either (and I will soon post pictures of that car as well) so I just transferred the plates from Car #1 over to Car #2 and that was that. This car here was nothing more than something to bolt all the parts to while I was in search of its replacement. It still had the 351W 4spd in it and as hideous as it looked......it packed a mean & nasty punch.

Car #2 met her end when I got T-boned coming out of a parking lot from someone who actually swerved into my lane as I was finishing the turn onto the road. Drunk drivers........aimed straight for me. I actually drove this car for another 3 months till I did in fact find my replacement car.

Car #3 I found at a U-Haul place sitting out front for sale. It was originally a 6 cylinder car but as you know.....that all changed. I got her for $800 and had my dad take her back home in North Texas to await for my arrival up there to start the build up on her.

It took me and my best friend 5 days to transfer all the parts from Car #2 over to this car. Here it is on Day 3 moving under her own power. I pulled it into the shop for the next two days to finish all the interior build up, trim and all the final parts.

Over the course of the next 3 years I continued to improve upon this car and had this one till around 2001 or so and sold her off. I regret it every day.

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Funny how folks have regrets selling their classic cars. I’m still on the hunt for a ‘64 Dart or ‘72 Chevelle SS but... money and space to restore it and the lack of know how is the biggest obstacle stopping me. Even a restored one is pricey. With two major projects happening soon, not gonna get that dream car.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Oh man the hunt never ends. The first car I nearly bought was a 1969 Dodge Dart for $3000.. that thing made my heart skip when it started. I continued looking and found a 1967 Oldsmobile cutlass for $2000. There are cheap classics out there, you just have to know where to look. Heck, I could be driving that oldsmobile if I hadn't moved across the country.
Lack of know how is NOT a reason you shouldn't buy something you love. I got my first car and did work on it, and I haven't been to college yet. Yes the car died, but it wasn't my fault. I fixed issues that I didn't even know could exist prior to just getting into the engine bay. Get your hands dirty, have fun and smell like oil.
If you find anything, you should show us all.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

I quit!! :bow:
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Tom: That's why I opted for a truck. I mean.....I love my sports cars and all....REALLY!! If I had enough money and space I'd have a truck AND a classic sports car. I need a truck...that's just plain and simple....but I also feel "the need for speed" so I got a two for one deal and got a truck that I needed as well as the performance that I was looking for. It's a win-win all the way around for me.

Declan: I hear you on the near purchases. I was a signature away from having a 69 Dodge Charger R/T with a 440 for get this.....$2500!!! Then a few months later I stumbled upon a 68 Charger R/T 440 car for $3500. This was all back in the late 80's / early 90's but I could kick myself in the butt every day for not scarfing up either one of those rides.

Lee: Thanks my brutha. :mrgreen:
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

I've got you both beat. I had a 71 Barracuda $500 in 88. Was still living with my parents and I had a daily driver also. Dad wasn't fond of the Beast so I had to sell it :headbang:

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”