1/24 Revell 1970 Boss 302 Engine-Completed-Glamour Shots

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
mustang1989

1/24 Revell 1970 Boss 302 Engine-Completed-Glamour Shots

Post by mustang1989 »

I've got a bit of a side project going on as well. Been building a Boss 302 engine for a Boss Mustang community project elsewhere.

Started with the Revell Boss 302 which aint all that bad really. Carburetor actually resembles a Holley carburetor quite well and there's plenty of detail parts. The only thing I DON'T like is the molded in oil pan halves. Getting rid of those seams sux.....bad.

Basic engine block/ tranny build up after black basing and shooting MM Dark Blue acrylic on to engine and MM Steel enamel on the tranny and weathering that a bit. I used MM Aluminum enamel on the intake after black basing and then went over the intake with a dry brushing of ground up black pastel.

Didn't have any decals for the engine and I'm glad I didn't because the only thing I would've gotten were the Boss 302 decals for the rocker covers. I contacted Thomas at Speedway decals and sent him pictures of the real Boss 302 to have ALL of the decals that were SUPPOSED to be on this engine cut. The results are going to pay off on the completed engine.

I used Molotow Chrome for the air cleaner lid and Alclad Polished Aluminum for the rocker covers.

Here's after I got the rocker covers and carburetor on. This is before I fabbed up the fuel inlet line from the fuel pump to the carburetor after I got through with the dual feed line on the passengers side of the carburetor. I'm also acquiring the black spark plug wires that I thought I had in inventory. No worries though.......I'll be working around those on other stuff like fabbing up a dipstick for the power steering dipstick tube that I fabbed up for the P/S pump a few weeks ago. ( Hence the tube sticking up out of the power steering pump) just to add another little touch to this engine.

mustang1989

Re: 1970 Boss 302 Engine Build

Post by mustang1989 »

And then a glamour progress shot of where I'm at with the build now all the pieces loosely installed and with the fuel inlet line routed and fastened to the engine now. Should be getting the plug wires tomorrow. Will be installing those this week along with an engine wiring harness.

jeaton01
Elite Member

Re: Revell 1970 Boss 302 Engine Build

Post by jeaton01 »

Sweet! Start 'er up.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Did the decals and writing on the engine come in the kit?
Also, I have really wanted to do a 302 Mustang for a while, which kit is it?
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks John and Declan.

Declan: No sir they did not come in the kit. I do, however, have a complete spare engine decal set. Let me know if you’re interested in them.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Hmmm when I actually but the kit I will get back to you :lol:
Thank you though, I will keep you posted on that front.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

No worries. When I got the decals I found he cut me a few sets so I might actually get to build another engine up along with the whole kit. lol
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Looking good. I might be interested in the decals Joe, I have a Revell 69...maybe we can make a trade.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Ditto - I have the '70 in the stash
Thanks,
John
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Lee and John.

No worries Lee....I'll just send em your way. Gonna need your address again if you'll PM that to me.

Got the power steering dipstick tube installed this morning. That....was harder than you think. lol

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”