2017 Ford GT

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Re: 2017 Ford GT

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Thanks all,
I did know about the toothpaste though. The problem isn't the product used to polish, the issue is that the paint itself does NOT like to be rubbed/polished. I tried it on my P-51 (which is why you all haven't seen it in a while). Did not like it. So I think I will do the blue on top. Then try to figure out how to use the Mission Models Gloss clear. I did a test of the gloss clear, but it came out very very very matte.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Silver is a difficult color, very hard to fix with anything but a respray, I think maybe the fact that it is a transparent color in many respects is the reason. The best I have done is to rub in aluminum powder, but sometimes that won't work either.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Declan, when I did a P-47 Thunderbolt kit, I used Tamiya AS-12 Bare Metal Silver. It looks right in my eyes as what silver should look like. Even a full scale P-47 Thunderbolt in real life aren't shiny. P-51 Mustangs can be either way depending on service uses.

But yeah... silver can be your best friend or your worse enemy. They're kinda finicky.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Little progress. Wheels are blue.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Nice color.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

She got painted:
But I scuffed it...
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Looks very good! Stay out of those parking lots!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

LyleW wrote:Looks very good! Stay out of those parking lots!
:giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

LyleW wrote:Looks very good! Stay out of those parking lots!
Haha wilco.
Thank you, I am very pleased with the colour.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

I do not like the headlights included with this kit. I wish they had the real GT headlights, not the racing ones.
VS

I think tamiya had the right headlights.

Even the snap kit that revell made has the road headlights... I am a little sad at this.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”