Richard Petty 1969 Torino

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
Greg
Advanced Member
Location: Indiana - We're not just about corn fields (just mostly)

Re: Richard Petty 1969 Torino

Post by Greg »

Paul, no, I have no history to share about Zero Paints. The order I mentioned was my first. I'm not sure how happy I am with the reseller (for charging my credit card and who knows when or if I'll get the product), but that's a different issue.

Tom, that's nuts about the decal sheet. There would be no way to match the blue, no matter what, IMO. ....well, insanely dumb luck, maybe....

Thanks for the info about Gravity.

I have my first 2k clear, from MRP in my case. I only tried it once so far, for a test, and that was over Molotow chrome and was incompatible (too hot for the Molotow, apparently). I don't know if all 2k's are created equal or not.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I forgot I had started this build thread. In fact, I had progressed so much, I forgot to take pics. I’m not even sure if I did take any new photos or not. Either way, this one is just about done. Decal session is finished and clearcoated to seal them in. Mike’s Decals are magnificent and highly recommended. A huge thank you to John for the link.

Anyhow, windshields are in, interior to body, chassis to body and not much left to do. Tires lettering needs to be painted (which I am dreading), air cleaner installed and tires to frame then the hood. There is a minor spot on body I may look into touching up. Not sure what it is whether it’s stray tube glue string or silver paint from a wayward single hair from the paint brush.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

The legend is finished. Something went wrong. The kit supplied racing tires are a tight fit and there's something doesn't look right. I'm thinking the chassis itself is too short. Maybe perhaps the wrong backing for rims supplied with the kit. I don't know. Too late to fix it. Everything fit fine even with pins lined up with hole up front in engine bay of body. Not going to bother fixing the spot on body or paint the tire lettering. overall it's a great kit right up to the last step. See Complete Build thread.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Greg
Advanced Member
Location: Indiana - We're not just about corn fields (just mostly)

Post by Greg »

Tom, I wanted to let you know that I received my first order from Gravity (direct from the real deal in Spain, as you suggested). 11 days from order to receipt and because I ordered on a Saturday, to me that's really only 9 days.

I'm very happy with Gravity. Order was handled well, they shipped right away Monday, and order arrived intact, nicely packaged, and no leaks.

Meanwhile, it's been over 2 months on my Zero order with Hobbyworld-USA and I am officially not very happy with them. In their defense, they do mention somewhere on their website that patience is required when ordering Zero products, but I don't like that they promptly charged my credit card. And two months is an awful lot of patience.

I read a few posts somewhere recently about a new automotive paint line, MCW.
https://mcwfinishes.com/
Folks were raving about it. Looks interesting, but they have no colors that I am immediately interested in. Have you tried them?

Thanks for your advice!

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”