Richard Petty 1969 Torino

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Richard Petty 1969 Torino

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Just when I was about to start decaling this one, looks like this one is going to be put on pause. :headbang:

The model. This kit can be built 2 ways - stock or racer.

Here's why. I purchased a decal set on eBay last month. The set looks really sharp and crisp. Fast shipping too. Not bad for $8.99 plus $2 shipping

The decal setImage

After I received it in the mail, I inspected it even closer. Hmmm... Something doesn't look right. So this morning, I decided to investigate my finding on this decal set. So I decided to do a simple test by cutting the corner or two. Come to find out it is one whole decal sheet. Yup... meaning you have to cut/trim each individual piece.

Mind you, I purchased Gravity Colors acrylic paint called Richard Petty Blue.
**Side note... DO NOT buy from the US supplier Gravity Colors!! So many bad reviews from these guys. I ordered mine directly from the true source located in Spain. More on Gravity Colors later...

Back on track... the blue background on the decal sheet DOES NOT match the correct Richard Petty Blue. The proof... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I have contacted the seller this morning with photo proof and await his response. I am curious in what's his response will be.
Last edited by BlackSheep214 on Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Richard Petty 1069 Torino

Post by keavdog »

Ya that us gravity clown is an idiot. I sicked the BBB on him. Never order from that assclown.

Great subject - been wanting to do a Petty car my self. Bummer about the decals. These will work I'm sure as I have bought stuff from Mikes in the past
https://www.mikesdecals.com/richard-pet ... -5040.html
Thanks,
John
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Richard Petty 1969 Torino

Post by BlackSheep214 »

John! Thank you for that link.

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

There's a reason they were $8.99.......
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I did get a response - I am being refunded for the product. With that said, I am sending the decal set back to the seller since they’re useless for me.

I agree midnightprowler. You get what you pay for. Won’t make that mistake again. :wink:

Greg
Advanced Member
Location: Indiana - We're not just about corn fields (just mostly)

Post by Greg »

Are you saying the blue color is the carrier film??? Just curious, did you soak and separate a test corner just to make sure it's not just the backing paper that is blue?
Greg
Advanced Member
Location: Indiana - We're not just about corn fields (just mostly)

Post by Greg »

BlackSheep214 wrote: Mind you, I purchased Gravity Colors acrylic paint called Richard Petty Blue.
**Side note... DO NOT buy from the US supplier Gravity Colors!! So many bad reviews from these guys. I ordered mine directly from the true source located in Spain. More on Gravity Colors later...
Do you order directly from Gravity Colors Spain or do they have US distributor?

TIA for any info, Tom. I don't know if my Zero order is ever going to arrive, I was looking at Gravity some days ago, Some things about the site seemed fishy and I decided not to try them. It was the USA site for sure.

EDIT: Oops, you already stated you ordered from them directly, sorry. How long for order to arrive?
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

Greg, you mentioned Zero paints. Do you have a history of those? I have seen the 2K clear gloss and I think that it is good stuff.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

have you seen these? Look to be individual decals. Looks like they would work. $14 plus 5 shipping. on Ebay. Vendor is Raceminded

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Greg... yes the whole sheet is one big decal as if he scanned the original and resulted as a single shirt decal.

I ordered Gravity Paints directly from Spain. There is no US supplier except this so-called US supplier which has terrible reviews of customers not receiving their orders and other reasons.

I've been wanting to get their 2K Diamond clear coat set for a couple years now. Can't seem to find any in stock.

Thanks Lyle. I'm going to try to get them from Mike's decals that John provided the link to if they're still availble.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”