Ducati 1199 Panigale S Senna Edition - Tamiya 1/12

Here is the place to show off your completed automobile products.
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Re: Ducati 1199 Panigale S Senna Edition - Tamiya 1/12

Post by BsYamato »

Here i come after see the insane wip!!
BorgR3mc0 wrote:I think that could be a winner at many competitions. Outstanding work.
Quote Borg!
AgentG

Post by AgentG »

Absolutely splendid!

I had a 916 back in the day so I really appreciate this superb build.

G
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

To own a Duc in the States is a rare thing, right? Must've been cool to ride such an exotic bike.

Thanks for your nice comments, guys!
AgentG

Post by AgentG »

I was able to be in the right place at the right time. My neighbor needed to sell the bike quickly so I bought it. I rode it a lot out in the desert and up California Highway 1. It was quite a machine, a bit "unforgiving" but I had a blast.
I was at a car meet awhen a guy offered me more for the bike than I paid. I miss it but I bought a Moto Guzzi with the extra cash.

G
hogfanfs

Post by hogfanfs »

Fantastic job on this Duc! I have this Tamiya kit too, and hope I can finish it half as well as you did!

I used to ride, and if I ever purchased another bike, it would be a Duc! But, I'd have to take the beast to the track, and let it run where it was meant to run! LOL!

Edit: Sorry, I just realized I opened a 5 month old threat. Please excuse the newb!
Bruce
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

hogfanfs wrote:(...) Sorry, I just realized I opened a 5 month old threat. Please excuse the newb!
Nothing to excuse for, hogfanfs! There is no rule that you're only allowed to reply on new a thread.
I'm glad that you like my styrene ride and I appreciate your comment. Thanks!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yep, what Mostrich said! I love to have the newer members go back and get acquainted with the builds.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
hogfanfs

Post by hogfanfs »

Outstanding, I'm glad that's not a problem here! I could not image a modeler not enjoying positive comments about their build even after it was posted for several months .

Mostrich, I do have a question. How did you like the detail set from Hobby Design?
Bruce
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

To be honest it was the first extensive PE set I've dealt with, so some of the problems I had with it were home made (like using the wrong tools for bending and cutting e.g.).
The quality you can call perfect without overacting. It's made of steel in several thicknesses. The brake discs alone are worth buying the set. Of course there are some parts where you have to decide if it's worth the effort, 'cause it's still a Tamiya kit you're dealing with, but I'd say 95% of them are a plus for the kit.
Assembly of the chain is a real PITA, but again the result is very rewarding. The building time of the model will easily double when you throw all that parts on it, please be aware of that. When I look at it on my shelf now (in the moment I'm writing this) I'm glad I spent the money and time.

My conclusion: Not an absolute must-have, but way cool stuff that pushes a good kit into a great one!
hogfanfs

Post by hogfanfs »

Thanks, mostrich for a great explanation!

I will be building the Tamiya YZF-M1 first. I'll purchase the Tamiya fork kit for this build, but, everything else will be OOB. When I do build the Panigale, I may purchase the detail to set, we'll see how brave I feel by that time.

Thanks again!
Bruce

Return to “Completed Builds: Automobiles”