The Duke's Automobiles and Something Extra

Here is the place to show off your completed automobile products.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke's Automobiles and Something Extra

Post by Duke Maddog »

I don't normally post here in the Auto/civilian boards, but I have been trying my hand at doing some cars lately. After some time I have finally finished something that is satisfactory enough.

First up: Go Speed Racer Go! This is my Polar Lights 1/24 scale Mach 5 from the TV cartoon Speed Racer:

Next up is my Revell 1/24 scale Monkeemobile from that old TV show "The Monkees". My sister and I used to watch that show all the time when we were kids. I just had to build this car:

Finally, although this isn't a car at all, it is a civilian piece. I didn't see any Forum that is more appropriate for this to go so I'm adding this to my post here.

This is the Life-Like Hobby Kits 1:1 scale Colt 45 "Peacemaker" pistol that I threw together in between other builds to cleanse the pallet. It isn't very well done but it is an ancient kit that was quite the challenge to put together:

That's all I've been able to complete for now. My apologies about the Colt; if you don't want it here; let me know and I can delete it. Otherwise, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: The Duke's Automobiles and Something Extra

Post by Stuart »

"Hey Hey we're the Monkeys...."

Great work on both those cars Duke! I really like the Mach-5!

I didn't even know you COULD buy model guns :ggun:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

LOL! @Stuart! Nice Stuart! The Monkees TV show is a very fond memory of my sister and I. I do like the Mach 5 too!

I don't know if you can still buy model kits of guns anymore, given the political climate these days, but I was able to pick mine up and a model contest from a vendor who was blowing it out. The box was pretty well destroyed so I got it for a song. Surprisingly, it was only missing two parts: the screw heads that go in the handles. Maybe someday I'll find a way to replace them. Until then, I'm calling it done.

Somewhere in the stash I also have a Miquelet(?) pistol to build as well....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark, those two car builds are awesome! I think those need to to the annual "cruise night" display for IPMS this year. They are the correct scale after all ;) And the I don't believe that the pistol build is out of line here. It is a plastic model kit after all. I remember when you could find those kits in many stores. It's just our left coast locale that is so anti firearms. Nice work on the Colt. As far as the missing screw parts goes, why not find some real ones that look the part and use those?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Carlos! I do plan on bringing those back for the cruise night but I'll have them at the next meeting too. I might even have one or two more cars done for July as well.

I'd also thought about replacing the missing screw parts with something suitable; I've been keeping my eyes peeled for something that would work. Thanks for the tip and thanks again for the compliments. I do hope you can make the next IPMS meeting so you can see these in person.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark, my days off rotate at the beginning of next month. I should be able to go to IPMS and AMPS again in May. Hopefully I can finish something by then... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

All 3 of those are awesome! Boy, I sure miss The Lem Duke.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Carlos, sounds good. You'll be off in time for our Build Night in May, so make sure you still have something in progress to build for that.

Lee, I so agree; I miss the LEM as well. Thank you ever so much for the compliment.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark, I always have something "in progress"... lol! Is may strictly a build nite then?

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

For the most part, yes. They'll have tables set up to display built models but there will be no contest. Vendors will be there but the room will be filled with tables over tarps so everyone can grab a spot and start building.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Completed Builds: Automobiles”