AMT Chevrolet 454 SS

Here is the place to show off your completed automobile products.
mustang1989

AMT Chevrolet 454 SS

Post by mustang1989 »

These trucks have always been an interest of mine as they were a sleek looking truck with an out with an "in your face" and bold appearance. Although not fast by any means with 230 horsepower, they were aggressive looking, were among the fastest O.E.M. trucks out there at the time and they set the stage for the muscle trucks that followed in the years to come. It took me around 5 months to complete this one with most of the challenges being paint and the ending assembly of installing the body onto the frame. With a few pitfalls to work around it was a good kit to work with overall.

speedgraflex

Re: AMT Chevrolet 454 SS

Post by speedgraflex »

Joe— This is quite simply, a masterpiece. I looked up the definition of magnum opus a moment ago. Truly, this qualifies as such to me who has followed your work since joining the forum. This project has all the hallmarks of what is entry into the halls of the masters and it has been my sincere pleasure to follow along with you to this point.

The details are beautiful and the best I can do is to express admiration for what you chose to present and showcase. I like the aggressive stance, the way the truck looks so tough. That is just one area of many that truly makes your project class pure and simple.

I was also reading a complete model car magazine from 1965 a fella posted online and studying how Revell would judge a vehicle for competition. I award you the highest marks possible, bud. I don’t care if I’m biased. I also know quality when I see it, and quality is here.

Congratulations.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Another beauty! In this case a black beauty. Once again, all those small details and large efforts blend together for a final result that is marvelous. The chassis, the cab, the engine compartment, the exterior and markings, all come together in a final result that truly makes the viewer wonder if it is the real thing and not a scale model.
Great job Joe!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Simply stunning.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks you guys. You all are da bomb. :grin:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

As Tweety would say, "wheely, wheely, wheely cool'
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Interior looks awesome. The chassis look fantastic, though I question the scale of the toothpick. :giggles:
The paint is a mile deep black - really nice. I now have 2 cans of the wet testors gloss after your comments on FSM. Well done brother!
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Lyle and John. 'Preciate the comments fellas.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Joe, I am so overwhelmed at the incredible quality of this model that I have no words that truly and properly express my sheer admiration for this truck. I swear, you could shoot a pic of that with a natural landscape behind it and it would look so real nobody would be able to tell it was a model. How you get such an incredible gloss that; like Lyle said, is so deep you could fall in and drift forever; is beyond my comprehension. I don't think I will ever meet a car builder that is as skilled and masterful as yourself.

I bow in the presence of Greatness!
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

WOW!!! Thanks so much Mark. Hey man, honestly anybody that's half decent with an airbrush can do this. It took me some time (3 years) but I finally figured out the method. I'm too hard headed to take anybody's dang advice but I came up with my own method for doing it.

Return to “Completed Builds: Automobiles”