The Duke Finishes Two in August

Here is the place to show off your completed automobile products.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke Finishes Two in August

Post by Duke Maddog »

Well, despite a lot of issues and setbacks, I did manage to finish a couple more models.

These are the ACE 1/72 scale Mercedes touring cars from the 1930's. As such, they are about two and a half inches long plus or minus in this scale. The camera catches every issue, mistake and poor paint work that I did on these, making these crap compared to real car builders on these boards. That being said, they do look good from three feet away and I am thrilled... yes Thrilled! to have these done and on the shelf!

Okay, enough talk... here they are:

This first one is the Mercedes Type 770K (W-150) Grosser cabriolet F touring car. This one was done as the Mirbach private gallery as restored in the 1990's. I did that because I like the green:

I like the dashboard they give you in this kit:

The next one is the Mercedes Type 770K (W-150) Grosser Tourenwagen (unarmored). I did this as the car used by Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands in May 1945. That was mostly because I liked all the markings on this car:

And that is all for now. I wanted to finish more but things have been even more difficult for me than usual lately. Besides, I've been dealing with a ton of seams and other issues on my large aircraft that have slowed me down. You'll be able to see them in my other Thread.

Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Re: The Duke Finishes Two in August

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: Very nice work! I’m really surprised to see the one is Allied markings. Nice job on a change up there.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Very nice. would love to see these in 1/25. What happened with the second pic? It went blue.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Mark, it is amazing. The variety and number is incredible. That, and they look great!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Wait,,, 2 1/2 inches long? Wow! Not for me but you pulled it off nicely! Well done, Mark! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, thanks guys! Such great comments and compliments!

Carlos, it was a surprise to me too. That's why I just had to do it in Prince Bernhard's markings. That and they look so cool on this car!

Thanks MP! Not sure about 1/25, but I do believe a version of these was done in 1/35th by Roden. As for the blue, not sure why that happened.

Thanks Lyle! I do like changing things up a bit now and then.

Thanks Blacksheep! Glad you like them and yeah, they are quite small. Still, I like them that way.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Man....how do these great builds slip by me?? Can't say enough good about these teeny and cool cars you built here Mark. Fantastic job brother!!!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Joe, you should try building one of those with all your add ons... :whistle:

:stirpot:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Joe, thanks! I'm surprised to see this resurrected. I appreciate the compliments very much!

Feel free to look for more; I've finished a few since these were done.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Great cars Duke!

And to see US Army markings on a Mercedes Benz, just looks so odd but so cool at the same time! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/

Return to “Completed Builds: Automobiles”