Dale Jr Cars

Here is the place to show off your completed automobile products.
Dragline
Advanced Member

Dale Jr Cars

Post by Dragline »

I was never that big of a NASCAR fan. But Dad loved all forms of auto racing and it bonded us together during our time of reconciliation. We went to quite a few NHRA national events and to a few NASCAR as well. They are highlights of my memories of our renewed bond. I would build these and give them to him and he had quite a collection. When he passed I allowed my brothers to take models they liked as memories of our Dad. I took the rest back and have had them in boxes for the last 5 years since. I was looking for builds to show and came upon a particularly heavy box. it had these two in it and a flood of emotion came over me.

Dad loved the Earnhardt's and always cheered them, so I though it fitting to show these together. My Dad treasured all the models I built him and displayed them in the mid 19th century case made of quarter sawn oak that is just stunning. I have that case and will bring it with me to my next house.

Like many here, I miss my Pops a lot.

Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...
LyleW
Admin

Re: Dale Jr Cars

Post by LyleW »

Well done! Shame what happened to Dale.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice! I've always been an Earnhardt fan whether it was Dale or Dale Jr.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Those look damn good! :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds: Automobiles”