1/72 Front of Military Museum

Here is the place to show off the progress on your figurines and dioramas.
SigEp Ziggy
Advanced Member

1/72 Front of Military Museum

Post by SigEp Ziggy »

I am building two tanks, a M24 Chaffee and a T-34/85, as well as a 105mm Howitzer, for diorama of a Military Museum. It will have the two tanks side by side with a chain and pipe barrier around them. The Howitzer will be on an elevated concrete circle. The front of the Museum will be the background. There will also be 1/72 scale visitors as well as cars in the parking lot. In addition, there will be a sign out front.

This a rough sketch and photos for inspiration.

More to follow.
Your fellow modeler,
Shane
LyleW
Admin

Re: 1/72 Front of Military Museum

Post by LyleW »

...and the hits keep on comin’! Neat project!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

This is certainly a new sort of project. Take the familiar and combine them into the unique.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
SigEp Ziggy
Advanced Member

Post by SigEp Ziggy »

Thanks Guys!
Your fellow modeler,
Shane
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Cool idea.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
SigEp Ziggy
Advanced Member

Post by SigEp Ziggy »

I was thinking of what to call my museum. This is what I came up with.

Korean War Ribbon and since I hail from Idaho, there ya go!
Your fellow modeler,
Shane
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Just curious, but is there a direct Idaho link to the Korean War? Say an Air Force Reserve or Army National Guard unit from the state that was mobilized from Idaho and deployed to Korea during the war.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I love this man! Way to go on a brilliant idea.

I tried to get a club project going once which would be a huge display of a museum with a number of exterior and interior exhibits. I was thinking of something that would end up being a 3-foot by 6-foot display. Never happened.

That will make this even more fun to watch. Keep it coming man!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
SigEp Ziggy
Advanced Member

Post by SigEp Ziggy »

Stikpusher, I'm building all three armor builds on another forum with a 'Forgotten War' theme with the intention of building a diorama as well. I could just use a military museum theme, but liked the Chaffee vs. T-34 match at the beginning of the Korean conflict. Idaho is just where I call home.

Duke, I have wanted to build a military museum with inside/side displays for sometime now. The plan was to build a 1/72 B-36, I believe the Monogram kit, and have other 1/72 scale everything around it. Then I visited the Spruce Goose in Oregon, that is exactly what I wanted to do.

The Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum
The campus.
Indoor water park.
Your fellow modeler,
Shane
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yep! That is exactly what I had in mind too; with a slight change to add a waterfront where some 1/72 scale PT/rescue boats would be exhibited.

Man, that Wings and Water park look like one truly fun place to visit!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Work In Progress: Figures and Dios”