Geralt of Rivia 3d printed figure

Here is the place to show off the progress on your figurines and dioramas.
Floki
Elite Member

Geralt of Rivia 3d printed figure

Post by Floki »

Geralt of Rivia was a legendary witcher of the School of the Wolf active throughout the 13th century. Along with Yennefer, considered the love of his life despite their tumultuous relationship. Together they took care of their adopted daughter Ciri.

During the Trial of the Grasses, Geralt exhibited unusual tolerance for the mutagens that grant witchers their abilities. Accordingly, Geralt was subjected to further experimental mutagens which rendered his hair white and may have given him greater speed, strength, and stamina than his fellow witchers.

Despite his title, Geralt did not hail from the city of Rivia. After being left with the witchers by his mother, Visenna, he grew up in their keep of Kaer Morhen in the realm of Kaedwen. In the interest of appearing more trustworthy to potential clients, young witchers were encouraged to make up surnames for themselves by master Vesemir. As his first choice, Geralt chose "Geralt Roger Eric du Haute-Bellegarde", but this choice was dismissed by Vesemir as silly and pretentious, so "Geralt" was all that remained of his chosen name. "Of Rivia" was a more practical alternative and Geralt even went so far as to adopt a Rivian accent to appear more authentic. Later, Queen Meve of Lyria knighted him for his valor in the Battle for the Bridge on the Yaruga conferring on him the formal title "of Rivia", which amused him. He, therefore, became a true knight.

Geralt of Rivia is know by many names.
Witcher, Gwynbleidd in the Elder Speech, translated as White Wolf and the Butcher of Blaviken to name a few.

I could dive down this rabbit hole for a very long time but I'll stop here.

Probably the only good casting role in the Netflix adaptation was Henry Cavill as none of the other characters look anything close to the books or games characters.

So this is going to be a 3d printed figure that I printed out on my Elegoo Mars Resin printer. The 3d model was created by Spartak and can be found here
https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-model ... d-of-rivia

Here are the parts taken off the build plate, printing supports removed and cleaned with denatured alcohol. Ready for more cleaning then painting.

The quilting texture on the pants, the chain mail on the torso and shoulders and the detail in the face is just amazing. 3d printing for hobby use has came along way fast.
Thanks for looking in!
Skol!
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
LyleW
Admin

Re: Geralt of Rivia 3d printed figure

Post by LyleW »

That is impressive detail!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Hah! My kids had us start watching that series over the holidays while they were visiting. That is a very well done highly detailed figure molding. What scale is it?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Wow! That detail is incredible.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Hmmm... imma gonna have to seek out this series on Netflix.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

It’s part medieval and part supernatural. The source material is supposedly based off of Eastern European mythology/fairy tales... very dark. I’m waiting to see a babaroga.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

Watching this one. I think that when I get a 3D printer I will do a Witcher diorama with him against the Kikimore from the first episode.

Still waiting for season 2!
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Thank you guys!
Carlos not sure what scale he is. Measuring him he would stand 6.25 inches tall.
Tom I've watched the first couple of episodes and the cast is a insult, except for Henry cavill, to the source material in the books. You can find the books cheap on Amazon. Or Youtube a summary of the games that tell a story after the books end.
Dragline that sounds like a good scene. A friend of mine is designing a 3d model of a night wraith in blender that will go in the diorama I will build around this figure.
Odin's sons... Attack!
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Following. I have read the books, etc. I actually enjoyed the hell out of the series. Not to be contrary. The flavor of the books was there. The Child Surprise was well done, I thought. The fight scenes...
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Bruce thanks for following! I think I just wanted to much after being a fan of the books then the games, when the series came out I was just expecting to much
Odin's sons... Attack!

Return to “Work In Progress: Figures and Dios”