Peking Duck... Hunters

Here is the place to show of your completed figurine and diorama product.
Stikpusher

Re: Peking Duck... Hunters

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks guys. Yesterday afternoon I added some spice rack seasonings for vegetation, and like how those added to this

But I just got back from Hobby Lobby a short while ago and found something else there to add to break up the monotone look... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Looks much more lively already with the added vegetation... so what could it be what you found from Hobby Lobby?
A bunch of gun shells ??

- Curious
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

KSaarni wrote:Looks much more lively already with the added vegetation... so what could it be what you found from Hobby Lobby?
A bunch of gun shells ??

- Curious
I wish that HL carried those! I know that somebody makes some, but I have not come across any yet. You'll see in a bit :clockwatch:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well this is what I found at Hobby Lobby

and this is how it works out on the base... much better now to my eye and not so monotone. Now it definitely looks more cold weather...

Before I added the snow I hit them with another blast of flat coat to cut down on some sheen that the base and figures had. Now I am content with this... unless of course I can come up with some expended 12.7mm brass... I am calling these boys done

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Cool ! :-)

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment Kari.

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Dang near perfect. If i may (Whoa....big time thunderstorm right now. LOTS OF LIGHNING)...If it were me, i would not be kneeling in the snow! i hate snow. the only good snow is dead snow.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, considering that it's mid July right now, and you're in Kentucky, I think you're pretty safe from snow about now. :giggles: I'm glad you like it!

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote:Well, considering that it's mid July right now, and you're in Kentucky, I think you're pretty safe from snow about now. :giggles: I'm glad you like it!
We had 2 to over 5 inches of rain yesterday morning in the Louisville area. I think we got about 2-3. More severe weather predicted for this afternoon and this evening - potential for 70 mph winds.. . and storms for the next 3-4 days. Oh, in the low to mid-90ls with 70+ percent humidity. Sheesh.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

We have sunny ble skies with a few high clouds... a light breeze off the ocean... it might be in the low 80s today at most.... moderate humidity... :cool:

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds: Figurines and Dioramas”