1/1200 something... sorry

Here is the place to show off your completed ship products.
Stikpusher

Re: 1/1200 something... sorry

Post by Stikpusher »

Duke Maddog wrote:I saw a four-episode show done in Britain of that book; it was set in the 1900's and seemed quite accurate to the book for the most part. My favorite scene was when they were all on the beach with the navy battleships, cruisers and destroyers all offshore and one Martian tripod showed up. They showed all the battleships and cruisers firing their main guns and hitting the tripod; breaking it's legs and making it fall to the ground where subsequent salvos blew it up. So awesome!
Mark, was this the mini series?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000bj11
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yes it was! That beach scene was the coolest with the naval bombardment of alien tripods! It was in episode two. In that pic, you can just see the start of it behind the main character.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

I #@%!$ing love war of the worlds!!! I cannot wait to start my diorama. However... big question: Which tripods do I do??? Jeff Wayne? Spielberg? Or should I scratch build my own design... so many options

https://youtu.be/UXUFHimIEP4
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Yep, Thunderchild. A destroyer that rammed the tripod if memory serves.
I'm with Stick on this one a 1/1200 Iowa class. I have a few 1/1200 kits but never really did much with them. I'll give them to the grandsons when they're old enough to have fun with them.
A ship dio you say :hmm:
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Yes, in the lyrical version of War of the Worlds the HMS Thunderchild was a "torpedo ram". Shot one of the tripods down, then when 2 more showed up it rammed one while it was on fire. Pretty sick ship if you ask me.

Also, yes you both are correct about Iowa class. I looked it up using the name I found on the boat.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy

Return to “Completed Builds: Ships”