Braille Scale Chally II

Member created Group Builds
Stikpusher

Braille Scale Chally II

Post by Stikpusher »

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot???!!!
Stik is building a Braille scale kit? Yes, one of our AMPS Chapter members is sponsoring a 1/72 GB over on our club website and even donated kits from his stash for any participants. They are due to be completed in the first week of December, and since I’m running out of time, I started this today...

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Re: Braille Scale Chally II

Post by Stikpusher »

So basically this thing has about the same parts count as an early 70s 1/35 Tamiya kit like their M41 or T-34/76. But these parts are sure molded to modern detail standards. I see that 1/72 has come a long way since I last built one. But in typical Dragon fashion, the fit has some issues. I needed a few swipes on some of the road wheel holes with a needle file to make sure they would go on. These things fit tight! Anyways, in abou 20-25 minutes of snipping, sanding stick swipes, and gluing, I got the running gear on and Step 1 completed...

Step 2 tomorrow....
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Here be Dragons!

Although you have trained your kit. Looks impressive regardless of scale!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Aye, there be dragons here indeed! But not beyond training of course.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Welcome to my world Carlos! Looking great so far. You're gonna have fun with this model.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Great stuff Carlos!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks guys. I’m glad that your watching this.

Seeing how my work life has taken a severe left turn due to an emergency situation, 12 hours on, 12 off, days off cancelled, and I’m on the night shift, throwing off my body clock, this is my sanity escape for now. A small simple project. I can nibble at it a half hour at a time here and there.

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

That sucks... Hey, maybe we might catch you in action on Live PD. :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Nah, I’m grounded right now... desk duty... no fires for me... just support.

FLSM

Return to “Member Group Builds”