Cherry Popping Group Build- Now Underway

Something you have never built.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Cherry Popping Group Build- Warning Order

Post by Duke Maddog »

Okay, I'm in with a few possibilities. I keep running into aircraft that I'd never built before in my scale or any other. It looks like my Air Forces will be dramatically increasing next year.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

ATTENTION ALL CHERRYPOPPERS

I choose the P-39 Series.
Vintage 1/48 kit.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Situation- There are multiple members here who have never built a kit of a particular mainstream aircraft type or from certain mainstream aviation nations in any scale.

Mission- Build an aircraft kit, in any scale, and correct that shortfall

Execution- Beginning at 0001 Hrs Zulu 01Nov2021 or soon thereafter, begin construction of a type of unstarted scale plastic model aircraft kit that you have not built before. Ever. Finish to your own satisfaction within your own timeframe. Construct another or more if you feel so inclined.

Command & Signal- I will ramrod this thru, no need for any chain of command… :ballbat: All communication signals will be conducted via the SPAM forum :whiteflag:

Service and Support- You’re on your own sons. Finance is by whatever your situation and the kindness of others allow. The internet is a superb reference source for those questions that may arise. Support your local hobby shop if you’re still fortunate enough to have one. If not, support your favorite online retailers. Dial 911 for any unfortunate workbench injuries… :whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Floki
Elite Member

Re: Cherry Popping Group Build- Operations Order P.2

Post by Floki »

Does it have to be a aircraft? I got several ship kits that have been staring at me for a few years.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, this GB is for aircraft. I think next year I’ll run a GB for all other subject types.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Well, it looks like I've screwed up in this GB twice and I haven't even started a kit yet! :whiteflag:

I do know beyond a doubt I have never built an Avro Arrow and it is definitely in the airplane category so the 1/48 Hobbycraft kit will be my entry!

My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh very nice! You have a true rare one off there John! One of aviation’s great “ could have been’s “ like the TSR-2 or Valkyrie. That kit fetches a pretty penny nowdays

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

I also have the original kit, I'll have to compare them and see what the difference is with the new tool.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’m looking forward to seeing this project of your John. The Arrow was an incredible aircraft.

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Can't wait for that. I saw the nose section at the Canadian AF Museum its a biggin

Return to “Cherry Popper Group Build”