Ships of the American Flag GB feeler

Organize a group build and see who is wanting to participate here.
Stikpusher

Re: Ships of the American Flag GB feeler

Post by Stikpusher »

Modelcrazy wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:Multi mission capabilities in one design usually tends to water down the capacity to be really good at one or two.
Case in point.
Well, the JSF is a BIG improvement over the Harrier, and a moderate one over the Viper and legacy Hornets... the stealth capability will certainly enhance their strike mission effectiveness and survivability. But it in no way shape or form can truly assume the A-10’s battlefield CAS mission of close up and personal with long loiter time, big gun, and lots of ordnance.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Once it's fully developed, it'll be a game changer. The way it "sees" things is insane and it can share that with everything and everyone.

But like Stik said, it's not going to be a replacement for the A-10. It's the Jack Of All Trades, Master Of None.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Or the air superiority of the F-15 or F-22, however it does carry a truck load of ordnance. It's not very stealthy with weapons slung under the wings, but once the air and AA assets are taken care, of who cares. I've been a proponent of the F-35 while others have bashed it, but being multi roll, it's not outstanding in any mission as far as I've heard. As of yet, it can't use any of the Paveway systems except for the Paveway IV developed by Raytheon UK, not that the Paveways are the only GBUs by far.
I like them so much I have 3 F-35 kits. 2 A's and a B.
The 1/72 Academy kit is outstanding with great detail but would really benefit from RAM tape decals. The 1/72 Hasegawa kit has little detail, no open bomb bays but does include limited RAM tape. The 1/48 Kitty Hawk looks good but I really don't know much beyond that.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

I have the Kitty Hawk "B" version. I want the A and C versions.
Mike

Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Mike, that's the one I have as well. I would like the A and C also. BTW Wolfpack makes the AM RAM tape decals for the 1/48 Kitty Hawk since, as far as I know, they don't come with any. Masking a 1/48 would be easier than a 1/72 but still a pain. Wolfpack's decals are limited so some masking is still needed if one wishes. I purchased a set for the B.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

I have a masking set for the RAM panels, can't remember from who. But if you look at the current F-35's, most of the RAM panels are the same as the rest of the aircraft.
Mike

Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Finally got the color right did they?

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

This is the way the look now.

Mike

Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Awesome. Easy to paint :wink:

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Well, I am back home from visiting Vermont & Fort Ticonderoga (pulled in last night). First, honey to do’s needs to be taken care of.

Anyhow, as I visited Fort Ticonderoga, they had a new exhibit featuring an aircraft carrier of same namesake during WW2 - USS Ticonderoga. It even had shrapnel pieces from a Japanese suicide bomber from the carrier during a battle. I will post pics soon as I figure out how to post it from my phone. The color IJN green is still visible.

Later before heading to Mt. Defiant, I shopped around in the gift shop. What did I find. A USS Ticonderoga aircraft carrier kit for $20! I heldentenor off because I was unfamiliar with the Atlantis brand kit. Another reason, I held off is it included late 50’s ‘ early 60’s jet aircraft. Not what I wanted. So, I shopped around for a WW2 era USS Ticonderoga kit. Scalehobbyist has one for $89.99 (1/350 scale, Trumpeter kit).

If and when I do get this aircraft carrier Ticonderoga, this would be my choice for this GB.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Group Build Feeler”