Micro Weld review

Look here at SPAModeler kit previews and reviews!
Stikpusher

Re: Micro Weld review

Post by Stikpusher »

BlackSheep214 wrote:When I used Tenax on my '57 Flip Nosed Vette to glue the front & rear chin parts, I applied from the backside and hold for a few seconds as opposed to the front side. I will admit I did apply a on the outside in a couple spots though. Yes, there was a period I had to tape the joins down is I had applied a bit too much. Worked for me.
I had Tenax demonstrated to me in a drop test manner during a visit to a local shop. I asked about Tenax, the shop guy was working on a car model... or at least had one open nearby and handy. He added the chassis floor or the body, applied some Tenax, gave it a moment, then dropped to the carpeted floor. The parts stuck together. I bought a bottle. Mind you that the shop carpeting was that typical industrial office stuff that only provides minimal padding and cushioning.

So in the end, I am not trying to sell this Micro Weld, but provide an honest assessment of this cement compared to others that I’ve used in the past. New products come, old products go. We need to keep our eyes and options open. So far, so good.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

No need to sound like you're selling the product. It gives me a definite alternative if Tenax is not in stock at HL.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

No, but I want it to be an impartial review... so far I’m really good with the product. And yes since Tenax is now OOP, or at least so I’ve been told, we modelers need options.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Tenax is OOP? Since when? I didn’t know. :bag: :hmm:

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

years ago...probably 4-5..maybe more. if you can find it, get it.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Yeah, looks like that's the plan soon. Retail store will be opening at stage 3 here in NYS. That puts it around the end of June. :bored:

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

This is an excellent review. Now I need one for paints since Testor's is being discontinued. I'm hoping to find an alternative paint that is as affordable. easy to use and forgiving as Testor's is now.

I'll be looking for this stuff next time I shop for supplies. I do have an empty Tamiya Extra Thin bottle I can use to hold it.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Excellent review Carlos, I look forward to seeing how it handles a fuselage.
Duke Maddog wrote:This is an excellent review. Now I need one for paints since Testor's is being discontinued. I'm hoping to find an alternative paint that is as affordable. easy to use and forgiving as Testor's is now.
Enamel or Acrylic Mark?
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

It’s Model Master that is being discontinued. At least as far as a label goes. Both enamels and acrylics. Who knows what Rustoleum will continue to market under the Testors label....

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stuart wrote:Excellent review Carlos, I look forward to seeing how it handles a fuselage.
Duke Maddog wrote:This is an excellent review. Now I need one for paints since Testor's is being discontinued. I'm hoping to find an alternative paint that is as affordable. easy to use and forgiving as Testor's is now.
Enamel or Acrylic Mark?

I prefer enamels but if I can find an affordable acrylic that works like my enamels; I'll be willing to switch.

Gee, just as I'm starting to get something close to good at this they take away my paint of choice; making me have far less quality on my models as I try getting used to and proficient with a new type of paint! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :scream: :boom:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Product Previews & Reviews”