My camera

Just what it says. Tell us about your "stuff"
LyleW
Admin

Re: My camera

Post by LyleW »

Oops. Used the bad eye! Sorry. I meant the 5200, yeah, that's what I meant.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
One-Oh-Four

Post by One-Oh-Four »

The Nikon 3XXX, 5XXX and 7XXX are all winners! The latest versions all use the 24MP DX-size sensor which is a really good one. The difference lies in the feature sets, like the positionable TFT-screen for the 5XXX. The 7XXX is somewhat more like the pro cameras in the sense that it has the better AF-module and more features accessible by dedicated buttons instead of buried in menus. Although the menus are quite good it costs time to access them, making the risk of a missed shot bigger.
Olli

Post by Olli »

Uh... I'm in the canon corner. Firstly it was a family reason, then friends reason....quite easy to get a lens you don't own but that you "need".
And now.... still Canon. Since a couple of days with a EOS-M. I've spend several weeks collecting informations about actual DSLR'S/DSLM'S. Main conclusion... Bodies are coming and going, but lenses could stay your whole life and Canon lenses are one of the best. Currently Nikon offers mostly the better bodies.
Having sold my 40D, 100-400, 70-200/f4, etc.... A couple of years ago, I only kept an old 350D, 50/1.8 and the 17-85.
There were several personal reasons that lead me to the "old" EOS-M but this would result in a large post:-)
'Til now I'm quite happy with it. I've bought it in a kit with a EF-M 22mm/F2 lens and a mount adapter for EF/EF-S lenses. But mounting the 17-85 the whole thing is kinda... Bulky. The 50mm is just great. I love the F1.8. Next one will be the EF-M 11-22 and that's it for now... Maybe a 35mm and 85/1.8 or 135/2. But as I would like to try panoramic photos I guess I will need the money for the accessories:-/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Olli, Olli, Olli....where did we go wrong. We tried to raise you in a noble manner. Tsk, tsk.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Olli

Post by Olli »

Hmm.... I must admit that I was quite interested in the D5300... So am I in the game again?
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Okay. All better. Hey, if that is what you started with or what you have access to, makes sense.
dmminiatures
Master Member

Post by dmminiatures »

I used to take my models with my film Canon EOS-1N back in the days. Loaded with Kodak or Fuji slides. Made some entries to FSM the magazine. Won 3rd place at Tamiya Paachi contest. and got some funky prizes.

Then i switched to pockets Canon PowerShots with 2 megapix when my stocks of slides dried up and nobody in Jakarta can process positives (So sad).

Bought a second hand EOS 20D. Used it for a while before upgunning to EOS 5D till now. That was a big kick up! :ggun:.

I use the 5D for my final 'dressed up' glamor shots. For work in progress, I use a Samsung S5 with a portable tripod and Android holder.
Monty / dmminiatures
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

dmminiatures wrote:I used to take my models with my film Canon EOS-1N back in the days. Loaded with Kodak or Fuji slides. Made some entries to FSM the magazine. Won 3rd place at Tamiya Paachi contest. and got some funky prizes.

Then i switched to pockets Canon PowerShots with 2 megapix when my stocks of slides dried up and nobody in Jakarta can process positives (So sad).

I too morn the loss of 35mm slides! :DH: I have a couple of really nice 35mm cameras sitting in my bag (Canon F-1 and Olympus 35RC) and although I still use them with neg film it's getting harder and harder to get it developed.

I have a couple od DIGI cams - including an EOS 350D and although they are really good I don't find them fun to use...
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Cameras and Equipment”