Modelcrazy's bench production 2022

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Stikpusher

Re: Modelcrazy's bench production 2021

Post by Stikpusher »

Very nice! The LCS’s may not be the most effective warship out there, but they sure look like one heavily armed badass yacht! :ballbat:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

I wouldn't mind owning one :ggun:
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

2nd that. However I do love the Halifax class... looks like a First Order Star Destroyer with the bridge position in my opinion.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Does kinda.
I sprayed the first coat of grey last night. I'll do some light sanding tonight and add a little more.

Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice! I like that version of the LCS.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

I did a little more work on it last night. I sprayed more gray with some shading an worked on the deck. I also applied an oil treatment to the fore and flight deck after the pic. I placed it in the frame I'm going to use for the water. I'll start the weathering process after applying a clear coat.

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

That looks awesome. And yeah, I haven't been getting any notifications either, not since the handoff. Man, I wish I could get my notices!

Looking forward to seeing more. I am hoping to do one of these in 1/700 scale for my navy as well.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks Mark,
So after painting the fore and flight deck, they came out wat too dark so I need to go back and re-spray them. I've also found that lately I have jus been messing up everything I touch. Too much glue on the Takao's stack so I sanded that down and lost a lot of the detail, along with losing a part, the Sunderland's panel lines is just giving me issues etc.. So, I have decided to drop back and build the Revell 1/48 Do-335 OOB for the 22 Nats OOB category. I'm currently grinding out all of the molded plastic at the rear of the engines in an attempt to add a little detail. I know I can't add anything that wasn't in the box, but I can take away.
I guess I need a break.

Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Got the deck coat on the Freedom and finished the grinding of the 335 engine compartments. Tonight I'll mask the Freedom and do a little touch up ad start he assembly of the 335.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh I can’t wait to see what you do with the Do-335. :hmm: I am most curious to see what you do with the engine compartments and still abide by the OOB rules.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Member's Gallery”