Alex's 1/48 Eduard Yak 3

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
jeaton01
Elite Member

Alex's 1/48 Eduard Yak 3

Post by jeaton01 »

Alex and I finally got his Eduard Yak 3 across the finish line today. It is not the best kit for a 6-7 year old, because a lot of the parts are too small and have poor location devices. But he glued together the big pieces, sprayed most of the paint with a bit of help from me because he's still learning the art of airbrushing. Well, aren't we all! I have to guide his hand a little but he mostly remembers when to press down the air button and when to stop, and he's starting to see the paint as it flows and how that affects how fast to move the airbrush. He also did most of the decals. The important thing is he's real proud of his Yak and couldn't wait to get some pictures taken. So whether he knows it or not he's learning a little bit about photography.

We also sprayed medium sea grey on his Hobbycraft Sea Fury today, which is a much better kit for a young one.

My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Alex's 1/48 Eduard Yak 3

Post by keavdog »

Handsome boy - I'm sure he'll be a heartbreaker. Gets it from is grandpa. That's a great looking model and wow working and airbrush at that age. Impressive. Great to see young ones building kits. My kids built one or two but never got the bug - maybe later in life, we'll see.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Ditto on this. Handsome lad!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That turned out great! Sure better than my work at that age. Alex can be rightly proud of his work!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

That's awesome. Hope he continues with his addiction to styrene :lashed:
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Hey now... that looks pretty good.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

I've been working with Alex for nearly 3 years now and it looks like he might stick. I do a lot of the work to keep his frustration level in check, but he really seems to enjoy getting one across the finish line.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

What an amazing model for one so young! He's an amazing kid and has every reason to be proud of that!I sure didn't do that well at his age.

Way to go Alex!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

That's awesome!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

A little late but wow! That's a cracking bit of work John, Alex really did do well on that - I'd be proud of that myself! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Member's Gallery”