OWL's Luftwaffe

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

OWL's Luftwaffe

Post by CallSignOWL »

German Air Force in WW2, here we go!

first up is RoG's Me-262 B-1a/U1 Nightfighter in 1/72 scale. Built 2011. OOb, and airbrushed, I got a bit too heavy with the white squiggles though... :hmm:

A classic stand-by, Revell's 1/48 scale Bf-109G-10. Nicely detailed for the price and goes together with minimal fuss. This one was built 2011.

another messer from 2011, this time an old hasegawa boxing in 1/72. I added a resin cockpit and handpainted.

then another 1/48 Revell -Gustav, painted with rattle can and brush out at the dorms.

:Bat: :Bat: :Bat:
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Re: OWL's Luftwaffe

Post by CallSignOWL »

creme de la creme where it comes to cockpit detail, Eduards' Bf-110 G was my first foray into extensive PE work, with the cockpit alone taking over 4 hours to complete!

while I a got a bit hung up on the weird fit issue on the nacelles, I did finish the 1/48 scale plane with Rattle cans and brush work. Completed 2014.

ta-daaa

I actually goofed big-time on this Tamiya Fw-190A-8 kit, forgetting to install the cockpit!! :headslap: :bag:

emergency surgery saved the day....

1/48 scale, airbrushed with MM Acrylics, finished in 2014

Next bird was DML's He-162 Volksager, in 1/72 scale. I added a lot of wiring detail to the exposed engine. It was rather late at night when I glued the wings on, only to realize the next morning they were BACKWARDS!! :bag:

so....I made it a swept-wing version! Handpainted, finished in 2014

:FM: :FM: :FM:
Last edited by CallSignOWL on Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Great builds, great stories!

Love the swept-wing He-162 ! Looks as it should have looked on the drawing table of the Heinkel engineers! :-)

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

Academy's 1/48 scale Bf-109 D, with Spanish Civil War markings. Airbrushed, built 2014.

new-tool 1/72 Airfix, this Fw-190 kit was a little gem, even if I did misplace the spinner for a while! (it was found in lil sister's shoe!! WTF) Handpainted and built in 2014 as well

I got in a bit of a funk later that year, and working on another Revell 1/48 scale Bf-109G-10 helped bring me out. Rattle cans and brush work.

Hasegawa's Bf-109F-2 received an airbrush treatment, and spare decals. Somehow, someway, I lost the original sheet! :chair:

but I think the spare markings turned out pretty friggin cool, eh?

A quick build of Academy's Me-163B/S Komet, in 1/72 scale. I chose the two-seat version, and handpainted the camo. Built 2014...

:Bat: :Bat: :Bat:
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

KSaarni wrote:Great builds, great stories!

Love the swept-wing He-162 ! Looks as it should have looked on the drawing table of the Heinkel engineers! :-)

- Kari

thank you Kari! :kissing:

I have a lot of Luftwaffe planes. You can do SO MANY different markings and types!!
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

one of Airfix's first 1/72 scale new-toolings, I added cockpit detail to this Bf-110c-2/c-4 kit.

I accidentally moved the sharkmouth decal while it was setting, and didnt realize until it was too late! So, I added custom nose art! Handpainted with my usual Testor Enamels, finished in 2015.

next up, I built another Airfix 1/72 kit. This time a Bf-109e-4 in BoB markings. Handpaited, and finished earlier this year.

an oooold 1/72 scale Airfix kit, this fw-189 was built oob and the main camo airbrushed. I handpainted the white squiggles with thinned testors enamels. Also finished earlier this year.

...thats all for now! :bye:

Return to “Member's Gallery”