The Duke's 2015 Year in Review

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke's 2015 Year in Review

Post by Duke Maddog »

Hello every! So, did you get done with everything you wanted to finish this year? I didn't, but I'm pleased with what I did accomplish. As I usually do, I'm happy to post my Year in Review.

I didn't do as many aircraft as armor but then again, I did do a few more 'eclectic' selections to round things out. I'll start with the aircraft I did first:

1/72 scale Hobby Boss Easy Kit F-86 Sabre:

1/72 scale Frog Gloster Meteor F Mk. IV:

1/72 scale Hasegawa Australian F-111F Aardvark:

1/72 scale Heller DC-6 Super Cloudmaster:

1/72 scale Hasegawa Iranian F-4E Phantom II:

1/72 scale Airfix Vickers Valiant:

And finally, my 1/72 scale Hasegawa UH-1D Huey Hog:

Yeah, that's all the aircraft for this year.

Here's some ships and a couple of other unique models I finished up...

First, the 1/72 scale Saturn V Rocket:

Next, the Legend of Sleepy Hollow Headless Horseman:

And, even tough I didn't keep them, I did complete this set of Bugs and Troopers for a Starship Troopers Game for a friend, so I'm including this set as one 'model':

Here's the three ships I finished this year:

1/400 scale German V-105 Torpedo Boat:

1/700 scale USS Caron Spruance Class Destroyer:

1/700 scale USS Virginia:

Now for all my armor. There's quite a bit here, starting with...

1/72 scale ACE British Forlite Staff Car:

1/72 scale Roden German Opel L-39 (Late model) Bus:

1/72 scale Roden Strassenzepp touring bus

RPM 1/72 scale Renault FT-17 tank:

1/72 scale Aoshima Type 73 3-ton cargo truck:

1/72 scale Aoshima 3.5-ton Japanese SAM truck:

1/72 scale Aoshima 3.5-ton Radar truck:

1/72 scale Aoshima Japanese Type 60 106mm Self Propelled Recoilless gun:

1/72 scale Aoshima Japanese Type 10 with Dozer blade:

1/72 scale Italeri Italian 155mm Heavy Gun:

1/72 scale ACE Russian BS-3 anti-tank gun:

1/72 scale Modelcollect Russian T-90 with welded turret:

1/72 scale Trumpeter LAV-25:

1/72 scale Dragon M-65 Atomic Annie:

1/72 scale IBG Diamond T cargo truck:

and finally, this 1/72 scale Trumpeter Russian T-54B MBT:

Twenty-nine models (including the Bugs and Troopers set) this year; that's pretty respectable considering I've been away from the workbench for the equivalent of four or five months due to a large job and two trips. I'm pleased with all these and I'm hoping to get many more done next year. I believe that at least three to five of my current WIP's may even be done by the end of January next year. That will be a good start to 2016.

Okay, I showed you mine, you show me yours!

Okay, enjoy the parade of finished models from Maddog Manufacturing; I hope you enjoy the show. Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Re: The Duke's 2015 Year in Review

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark, that looks to be a very productive year. It would take me a few years to finish that many kits
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

That is Duke a great set of achievements in 2015 !

A nice mix of everything!

I had to go back to the "Maddog Manufacturing 2015 Factory is Open"-post to see if I had missed the small FT-17 build, as I could not remember it. And as I like a lot that FT-17, had to be Sherlock Holmes for a moment.
Seems so, and I guess I had focused so much on the big DC-6 and Saturn V builds, so I missed the small Renault tank (your build nr 670)

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Mark, that is impressive. Quite varied and all done in an excellent manner. Wow. I still think my favorite is the DC-6. I have a huge softspot (right around the crown on my head) for these classics. Keep it up!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks ever so much for the comments guys!

Carlos, it is very respectable considering the four or five months I had away from the bench. I'm hoping to be a bit more productive in 2016.

Thanks Kari! Yeah, that little tank tends to get lost among those bigger models. I had gotten that FT-17 as a birthday present and; since I had already built the Mack tank transporter the year before, I felt I had to build the tank to put in the back of it.

Lyle, thanks. If you like old classic airliners, then stay tuned. Next year I might try and build my 1/72 scale Super G Constellation. I also have the C-118 military transport version of the DC-6, and an EC-121 Warning Star version of the Constellation. Who knows? Next year may be my year of the Big Small Scale Planes.

Thanks again for the great comments guys!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

dang! YOU WIN!!

the award for most prolific modeller goes to..... :bow:
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

CallSignOWL wrote:dang! YOU WIN!!

the award for most prolific modeller goes to..... :bow:
Aw come on! You've been putting out a serious number of models as well; you sure gave me a run for my money! I am hoping to pick up the pace next year though.

I'll be starting a "Maddog Manufacturing 2016" Thread soon so stay tuned!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

59North

Post by 59North »

Well, I only count 29 models, so you're one short of being labelled insanely prolific. You're just going to have to try harder next year.

Well done with the great work. I'm not jealous at all :roll:
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

59North wrote:Well, I only count 29 models, so you're one short of being labelled insanely prolific. You're just going to have to try harder next year.

Well done with the great work. I'm not jealous at all :roll:

You're right. I am far short of my usual 51-model average for a year, so I do need to step it up. This year in 2016, I am surely going to push hard to get a lot more done!

Thanks for the compliments North. I appreciate them very much. Now to get back to the bench.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

Excellent production Duke :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
LOL next time buy an italer/revell/hobby boss/Esci to reproduce an huey.. you build it grat but the old hasegawa not look like a real huey :giggles:

Return to “Member's Gallery”