Maddog Manufacturing 2017 Production Line

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
speedgraflex

Re: Maddog Manufacturing 2017 Production Line

Post by speedgraflex »

Hi Duke—and Happy Holidays! What a great update! I drew a lot from your varied experiences with each of these projects. What an incredible gift you have for building multiple subjects simultaneously. I have been sanding, puttying and priming one four-bladed propeller on and off for weeks now. I am just grateful you post work-in-progress so I am able to follow along with you! Since I am still figuring out so much, is it truly possible to coat future polish then decal then to spray u.v. clear on top of that? Thinking in that many steps bakes my noodle. My plan is just to use distilled filtered clean water, decal then u.v. clear by Mister Hobby on top. There is a u.v. spray called "flat cut" that is supposed to be superior, but I am thinking to keep things simple.

:hmm:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Bruce and a Merry Christmas to you too!

I'm not sure what a UV clear s, but what I tend to do is sandwich the decal between gloss coats to seal it in better. That way there is an additional layer of protection over the decals when I shoot the dullcoat and start the weathering. I also just use basic tapwater when I decal. I keep a 1-gallon bottle of water in my hobby room and use it to replenish my brush cleaning pot and my decal water bowl. When it is empty, or near empty; I refill the gallon jug. In essence, I try to keep things simple as well. Life is already too complicated to make this hobby more difficult.

I just finished five models and so when I have time I'll get them posted soon, I hope. Stay tuned for more.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks so much, Duke!!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Again Duke a bunch of interesting and great builds !

This time my eyes catch the ("ancient Heller") Saab Lansen, a very rare build, at least in my eyes!
Gorgeous !

Thanks sharing always so many interesting projects with us!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Kari! It's great to see your replies again. The Lanssen is finished; I should be posting the finished pics soon.
Last edited by Duke Maddog on Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Here's my most recent progress.

I got the landing gear on my P-40, at least the main gear. The tail wheel is missing. Then again, the whole sprue with the landing gear and doors is missing so I used the P=51 gear:

I have spare P*-51 gear to use on the P-51 so no big deal. I'm just tired of things like this sitting so close to being done and not being able to finish them! Maximum utilization of available resources!

Moving on, I also completed the assembly for the Berlin House. Now this is ready for paint:

Later on I'll add the window glass. I'm also going to add some sheet styrene behind the walls of the roof...

In my armor, I finally competed the tracks on the Schturmtiger. This beastie is ready for final weathering:

I also got the decals on the Russian T-90. Even though the instruction sheet shows no markings for this tank, I just feel that it is too naked without some kind of markings. So, I added this one to my Guards unit:

Finally, I got the decals on the Merkava IIID LIC as well:

Well, that is all I have for this small update. Enjoy!

Some of these have been completed too. Feel free to check them out in their respective Forums.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Here it is at the end of the year and I've been trying to finish a few more models in 2017. Here is the progress I made on the last few models I worked on for this year.

First off, I added the tracks to the Japanese Type 89 early tank:

Here they are completed on the other side:

While I was working on Japanese tanks, I applied the second camouflage color to the Type 89 Late and then covered that color (once dry) with more Silly Putty. Then I shot the third color:

Later on I removed all the Silly Putty. This pattern came out better than I expected:

Moving on from that, I started to work on the body of the Ludwig Areo bus. I re-shot the cream color:

After applying the glosscoat, I tried to pinstripe this and failed pretty spectacularly:

Well, that seems to be the best I can do so it's staying that way. After that dried, I applied a wash to the grill to bring that out better:

Before that, as you can see above, I had painted the underside to get this ready for finishing:

As that was drying, I added the windows to the body and painted the luggage rack area:

And that completes my final progress for this year. Later on, I'll post those finished models I did complete, as well as my Year in Review. Stay tuned....

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looking pretty good and winding down to the finish line of 2017!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Blacksheep. The bench is quiet for now, but next year things will start up slowly. I'll be heading out to Ohio on the 7th of January and won't be back until the 20th. Once I'm back, I hope to start out with a bang.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

And coming home with more to add to your stash... :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Member's Gallery”