JKim's Completed Builds (Restored..Again!)

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
jkim
Elite Member

Re: JKim's Completed Builds (Restored)

Post by jkim »

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm still bummed about the Photobucket fiasco. In addition to losing a lot of photos from fellow modeler's builds, I've lost the ability to review my own build threads, which I used to do quite frequently. I know, I know... :DH:... trying to move on.

With that thought, here is another build from 2014 that I'd like to share. I tried some new things on this build including two-layer chipping but the overall result, at least from my 2017 perspective, leaves a lot to be desired.

This is the 1/48 Tamiya P-47D Razorback with markings from the 65th Fighter Squadron, 57th Fighter Group operating from Corsica in 1944. This particular aircraft was piloted by Lt. Morrow and was dubbed "The Wog".

Last edited by jkim on Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

:shoutout:

Thank you for your marvelous gallery, John! You are an ace!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

John, I have to admit that I absolutely adore your work. And it's a joy to see how you improved over the past (very) few years.
You're an ambitious man and it pays off!
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Thanks so much for the kind words! I definitely have a passion for plastic models and I'm so delighted that I'm able to revisit this childhood hobby from a different perspective as an aging adult. At a time when many things go downhill with age, it's nice to know that I am getting better at SOMETHING!
John aka JKim
-----------<><
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

She's a pretty ol' dirty bird! BTW.... What's a Wog? :giggles: :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Leaves a lot to be desired??? Come on! This is just another marvelous work! :shoutout:
There are countless builds out there that are crap compared to your skills, including mine... :bag:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Man that is one beautiful Jug!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Thomas_M wrote:Leaves a lot to be desired??? Come on! This is just another marvelous work! :shoutout:
There are countless builds out there that are crap compared to your skills, including mine... :bag:
Of course everything is relative. By the same token, I can also say that there are countless builds out there that make my Razorback look like crap. :wink: But I was speaking honestly and not trying to fish for compliments. I see some good ideas that I touched upon but overall the execution is just a bit lacking. For example, the chipping is unrealistically limited to the wing root area where I did the two-layer chipping. It is absent completely from the underside. My pre and post-shading of the panel lines is too harsh, especially on the underside, according to my present tastes. I should've put more yellow on the canopy frames to make it look like the yellow paint was wearing off the original OD but as I did it, it looks more like the OD is chipping off the yellow underneath. The gun barrels are too light and look like aluminum instead of steel... Unweighted wheels on a fully loaded Thunderbolt... I'll stop there but hopefully you see my point!
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

We may agree to disagree here, but I really like your P-47! A pleasure to look at! :tongue:
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Thomas_M wrote:We may agree to disagree here, but I really like your P-47! A pleasure to look at! :tongue:
Thank you sir!
John aka JKim
-----------<><

Return to “Member's Gallery”